Chapter 27

After Niall got Lucas to let him go check on Hailey he walked into the bathroom to find Hailey sitting on the floor of the bathroom getting sick. He went over to her and sat beside her. When she saw him she gave him a weak smile and continued getting sick.

"Hey I came to check on you. How you doing?" He asked her.

"Horrible. I feel so sick and my head is killing me." She told him.

"Do you want me to go get you some medicine for your headache?"

"No I just want you to sit in here with me."

"Okay I will sit with you until you are done getting sick." He tells her as another wave of nausea hits her and she starts getting sick again.

They both sit there for about ten more minutes before Hailey was done. Niall helped her off the floor and to the sink to go brush her teeth.

"Do you want to go back down stairs or do you want to go lay down in your room?" He ask her.

"I just want to lay down in my room please." She said. He led her into her room and helped her lay down.

"I'm going to go tell Lucas that you wanted to lay down because you were not feeling well." He told her. She grabbed her hand and shook her head no.

"No don't go down there yet. There is something that I have to tell you but I don't want to tell Lucas yet." When she told him that he started to get worried about her.

"What's wrong Hails?"

"I'm sure that Lucas already told you that yesterday I woke up with a really bad headache and a nose bleed yesterday right."

"Yeah he did. What's wrong."

"Well when we were there my doctor did some scans and saw that the tumor has grown. There is no longer anything that they can do about my cancer. It's terminal now and I don't know how to tell Lucas." Niall's heart dropped into his stomach at those words

"What do you mean terminal?" He asked her.

"I mean there is no longer anything they can do about it. The cancer is going to kill me and there is nothing that anyone can do about it." She started to cry. Niall walked over to her and hugged her.

"How long did the doctor say you had left?"

"He said I only have a month or two left before it kills me."

"Well we are going to spend that month or two living life to the fullest and do everything that you have always wanted to do." They heard a soft knock on the door and Niall went to see who it was. He saw Lauren with tears streaming down her face. Hailey knew that she had heard their conversation.

"How much did you hear Lauren?" Hailey asked.

"I heard all of it. Lucas fell asleep so I decided to come check on you two and I heard you two talking. Does Lucas know yet?" Lauren asked Hailey.

"No he does not know yet. I have not been able to bring myself to tell him yet. I needed time to process it because I found out that this stupid disease is going to kill me on Christmas and I could not ruin Lou's Christmas." She told her.

"Do you know when you are going to tell him?"

"No I don't."

"You are going to have to tell him soon. He has already gone through this once and I don't want him to go through it again."

"Get off her back Lauren. Would you be open to tell the person you love that you are going to die right away. I know that you would not do it especially if it is on Christmas day. Leave him alone. It is his decision to tell him when he wants to." Naill told her.

"Actually if it were me I would tell you right away because you have the right to know just like Lucas has the right to know about this." Lauren told him.

"Guy stop yelling." Hailey says but they ignored her.

"Oh really because from what I know you don't always tell me everything when it happens especially when it is something important." Niall yelled.

"The only time I don't tell you anything is when it is not something that you don't have to know." She yelled at him.

"Oh really it's I don't need to know when you got into that car accident."

"Guys please..." Lauren cut Hailey off.

"No you didn't need to I was fine."

"BUT YOU COULD HAVE DIED IN THAT ACCIDENT SO YES I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT IT WHEN IT HAPPENED."

"BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP. THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU TWO. I SHOULD HAVE NEVER TOLD YOU ABOUT IT BECAUSE NOW YOU MADE A BIG DEAL ABOUT IT." Hailey shouted at the two of them as she ran out of the room. They heard the front door slam so they knew she left the house.

"Now look what you have done. You made him leave and this is his house." Lauren yelled at Niall.

"Me? It was you who made a big deal out of this. Come on let's go get Louis and go find Harry." Niall yelled back at her. They found Lucas in the living room looking lost.

"What happened? Where is Hailey? Why did I wake up to shouting then a door slamming?" He asked them.

"You heard shouting because Lauren and I got into a fight and it upset Hailey so she left that is why you heard the door slam." Niall told him looking down.

"YOU WHAT. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT. HE IS ALREADY SICK HE FOES NOT NEED TO BE OUT THERE IN THE COLD." Lucas shouted at them.

"Calm down Lucas we will find him. Come on." Lauren told him.

"CALM DOWN. DID YOU REALLY JUST TELL ME THAT. MY GIRLFRIEND WHO HAS CANCER IS OUT THERE IN THE COLD GOD ONLY KNOWS WHERE AND YOU ARE IN HERE TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN." Lucaz yelled.

"Come on you two fighting wont help us find Hailey. We have to go out there and look for her." Niall told them as he grabbed his coat and shoes and walk out the door. It is freezing outside so he pull his jacket closer to his body. He start calling Hailey's name while he was walking around. He walked around for five minutes before Lucas drove over to him.

"Have you found her?" He asked him.

"No I have not. I don't know where he would have gone to." Niall told him.

"I know of one place he might have gone. Get in and we can go look there." Niall climbed into the car and Lucas drove off. He drove to the park that is near their house.

"Follow me I think I know where he is. I brought him out here for our first official date." Lucas said as he started walking out to a field where he saw someone laying on the ground. They got closer and Niall realized that it was Hailey.