Chapter 2

When Hailey got up the next morning she was excited for the game. She grabbed a bowl and some cereal and made herself some breakfast. After she finished eating she went to watch some tv. She was having a hard time sitting still because she was excited to meet new people who didn't know about her past and thought differently about her.

  "Hey, what you watching." Her mom asked. She jumped because her mother startled her

  "Jeez mom you scared me. I am watching a movie that is playing on the tv. I dont know the name of it i didnt see the beginning. I started like halfway through it." Hailey told her.

  "Sorry I did not mean to scare you. Have you eaten breakfast yet?"

  "Yeah I got some cereal because I did not want to wake you up."

  "You know you could have woken me up. How you feeling this morning?"

  "I'm fine mom. You don't have to keep worrying about me the doctor said I was better. You dont have to worry about me anymore." Hailey told her turning the tv off.

  "I know but I still worry because that is my job. I could have lost you. There will never be a time that im not going to worry about something happening. I dont want to lose you."

  "I promise you that I am fine. Are you going to come to Lucas' game with me?" She asked her.

  "Yeah I am going to go hang out with his mom during the game. It is still a couple hours away though. We have to find something to do until then so that the time will pass by quicker."

  "I know I am just excited. I can't wait to meet new people who go to the school." Hailey told her.

  "I think your excited to see Lucas again. I saw the way you were looking at him yesterday."

  "Mom. You can't just say that."

  "What you can't say that I'm wrong." She said.

  "Okay alright so maybe he looks good but we don't know if he is single or not." Hailey tells her.

  "Judging by the way he was acting I think he might be."

  "Mom. You can not just assume that he is single. Just because he was being friendly."

  "Well he invited you to his game right after he met you."

  "He invited me because he was trying to be nice and he wanted to introduce me to some people before I go into school and not know anyone. The people there dont know what happened so I have a chance to meet new people who dont judge me for what happened." Hailey tells her walking up stairs to her room.

  "Sure keep telling yourself that." She called as Hailey shut her door.

  She rolled her eyes and decided that she was going to take a shower. She grabbed a black pair of ripped skinny jeans and a blue shirt. She walked to the bathroom and undresses. She turned the water on and climbed in. She relaxed more when she felt the hot water hit her body. She stood there for a while taking in the feeling of the water washing over her. She washed her hair and body before climbing out of the shower.

  While she was getting dresses she looked in mirror. She could see the scar on her stomach from when the doctors had to remove a tumor from her liver. She still remember the day that she was told she was sick.

...

  Hailey was sitting in the doctors office. She was biting her nails and bouncing her leg trying to not think about what the doctor was going to say. Her mom had dragged her here because she had been sick the last week and she wanted to see why. The doctor did blood work and now they are waiting for the results. The doctor knocked on the door and her mom told him to come in. Hailey grabbed her mom's hand and squeezed because she knew her mom was nervous as well.