Two

Caroline sat in the motor home doing work for her college classes. She was stressed. She took a drink of the whiskey and her brother rolled his eyes.

"Come be social Caroline," Brett said.

Caroline glared at him, "You know I'm not social," she sighed.

"Care, you're twenty two years old. I understand that you're anxious, I get that, but you need to open up a little bit or else it's going to be a long boring life for you," Brett explained to her and then walked out of the motor home leaving Caroline alone once again.

After a few moments of thinking it through, Caroline decided to take a shower, she threw on a Joey Logano cropped t-shirt, and some leggings, with her Hey Dudes, and walked out of the motor home. She grabbed a beer out of the fridge and sat down by her brother.

"So, formally, Chase, Ryan, this is my little sister, Caroline, and Caroline you know who Ryan and Chase are," Brett introduced us.

Chase stuck his hand out, "Nice to meet you," He said.

Caroline bravely put on a smile, shook Chase's hand, "It's nice to meet you too,"

Ryan stood up and walked to Caroline, "I've briefly talked to you, but it's nice to formally meet you," He reached out, and Caroline took his hand.

This wasn't meant to sound cheesy but when Ryan and Caroline shook hands they both felt something, but couldn't pinpoint what it was.

Throughout the night, Caroline and Ryan had exchanged numbers, and got talking about interests, family lives, life goals, etc.

"So your dog's name is Vader? That's fucking awesome," Ryan said, smiling. Everyone knows how big of a Star Wars fanatic he is.

Caroline's favorite Star Wars character is Darth Vader, so it was only fitting that Caroline named her black labrador that. But the thing Caroline liked more than Star Wars was the Harry Potter franchise, somehow, even though she's as introverted as she is, she got in the Gryffindor house. She wasn't mad about it, that meant she was ranked among Harry Potter himself.

"So what else are you into besides Star Wars and Harry Potter?" Ryan asked.

"I'm actually completing my bachelor's degree for interior design, and I blame HGTV and the Sims for my obsession with design." Caroline replied.

Ryan smiled at her, he liked her already. Not only was she cute, but they had similar interests, and a similar personality. Maybe they would bring the shyness out of each other?

"So, uh do you want to come hang around with me tomorrow? Before practice, after, then after qualifying? You could even sit in my pit box," Ryan really wanted Caroline to be around with him.

Caroline smiled, "I'd like that,"

"Fantastic, um I'll text you when I'm headed over and we will walk over together," Ryan smiled at her then stood up. Caroline stood up too as Ryan threw his empty beer can in the trash. He pulled her into a side hug, and she accepted it. "Night, beautiful," He said, then walked off.

Caroline walked into the motor home on cloud nine. She really liked Ryan, and knew for a fact that he did too.

Brett was inside watching some pit stop stuff to improve his game. "You and Ryan are going to work out aren't you?" He said to Caroline.

"I hope so," She smiled.

"That smile on your face says more than hope, Care," Brett smiled.

Caroline pulled some pajamas out of her duffel bag, went into the bathroom and changed. She pulled out the pull out bed, grabbed her blanket, and the pillows and laid down after plugging her phone in. She had a big day ahead of her.

*****

"Some of it, you learn the hard way, some of it you read on a page, some of it comes with heartbreak, most of it comes with age," The words to Eric Church's "Some of It" rang through Caroline's bluetooth speaker, as she finished her makeup.

Her outfit consisted of a Ryan Blaney tank-top, jean shorts and Hey Dudes.

Caroline absolutely loved country music, mainly the male artists though, some reason they stuck out to her more. Although, she didn't mind Kelsea Ballerini and Carrie Underwood.

Her phone dinged interrupting the song. She picked it up and saw a text from Ryan.

Blaney: I'm leaving in 5

Caroline: I'm almost ready :)

She finished her makeup, grabbed her phone and set of keys for the motor home, as well as her credentials, locked it up and walked out to see Ryan standing there.

"You look beautiful," Ryan said to her. Caroline felt her cheeks heat up, thank god she was wearing makeup.

"Thank you," She replied.

They started walking to the track. Ryan had his firesuit halfway on, a black compression shirt underneath, a Menards hat and his signature RayBans on, similar to the ones Caroline was wearing.

They walked toward the garages, and Ryan intorduced her to Jonathan his crew chief, and explained that she would be sitting in the pit box for practice, qualifying and the race.

"Hey baby sis," Brett walked over to her and Ryan.

Caroline smiled, "Hey butthead,"

Brett chuckled at her childish name calling. "So how'd you end up with this one?" He asked her, patting Ryan on the back.

"Well we exchanged numbers last night, and I invited her to hang with me today and tomorrow," Ryan said, taking a drink of his Body Armor.

That made Brett happy that his sister was actually feeling comfortable around someone she has only known for one night.

Ryan took Caroline to walk around and give her a tour of the track.

"Oh hey here's Joey," Ryan said, walking over to Joey Logano who was standing with his wife and kids, talking to his crew chief.

"Hey Blaney, who's your friend?" Joey asked, with his son, Jameson in his arms.

"This is Caroline, Caroline, Joey and his fam," Ryan introduced them

Joey smiled, "It's nice to meet you. This is my wife Brittany, youngest son Jameson, our oldest son, Hudson, and our baby girl Emilia," Joey introduced his family to Caroline.

Caroline smiled, "Cute family,"

"Thanks," Joey replied.

Caroline loved children, she wanted at least four of them.

"She's actually Brett's sister," Ryan mentioned.

"Oh no way! That's awesome," Joey said. He was good friends with Brett as well.

Ryan took Caroline to his pitbox when it was time for practice and qualifying, his crew chief gave her a headset. Caroline was amazed getting to watch Ryan pull off from the pits.

"Great job, Ryan," she smiled to herself when he qualified on the pole.

"Hell yes boys!" Ryan said on the radio.

Ryan pulled his car back to the garage, got out, took his helmet off and made his way over to Caroline.

"Great qualifying," She smiled. "Thanks beautiful," Ryan smiled, wrapping his arm around her shoulder, walking back to the campground.

Ryan took Caroline back to his motor home, he went to the back and changed out of his firesuit, into a red and gray Body Armor baseball shirt, jeans and some cowboy boots, and a Body Armor hat.

"So how do you feel about coming to dinner with my friends and their girls?" Ryan asked.

Caroline immediately froze, she was comfortable with Ryan, but wasn't sure about Bubba and some of the others. She figured she would put a brave face on and go.

"I'm in," she smiled. "Should I go change?" She asked.

Ryan shook his head, "No, what your're wearing is fine,"

Caroline smiled, texting her brother to let him know where she was going.

Ryan and Caroline walked outside and got in his truck and headed to dinner.