Five

Two weeks had passed, and this would be the third race Caroline got to be at with Ryan, but the first one she went to with her brother but where she met Ryan. But after that, she's went to the races with Ryan. He didn't want to be without Caroline, so he invited her to go with him. They decided to bring the dogs with them on the trip. Ryan decided to make the 13 hour drive, it wouldn't be that bad with Caroline being there with him.

Sturgill and Vader would be in the back seat of the Ryan's 2022 Ford Bronco, and the seat lifted up so they had more room.

To travel, Caroline wore a Body Armor hoodie that Ryan had given her, and some leggings, with some slip on shoes.

Ryan pulled up outside of Caroline's and she walked out with her bag and Vader. Ryan helped her load Vader in the backseat, and put her bag in the way back.

"So I was thinkin', possibly just having you keep clothes in the motor home, like I do, that way you don't need to carry a big bag around with you," Ryan suggested. He had hoped it would be the first move toward the next step in their relationship: boyfriend/girlfriend status.

Caroline smiled, "I think I can make that happen," she said.

Ryan grabbed her hand as he drove away from her house. They had stopped at a gas station before heading out of town. Martinsville was about a ten hour drive from Mooresville, so it was an endless drive of country music playing while the two just talked. Oh and making pit stops to let the dogs go to the bathroom, or filling up the gas tank.

"Ry you have ketchup on your face," Caroline was trying not to laugh,

Ryan grabbed a napkin right away, "Ah shit," He laughed, wiping his face off.

Caroline posted a selfie of the two on Instagram, with the dogs in the background.

carebear12: RT to Martinsville feat. Sturgill and Vader @ryanblaney10

Liked by bretthollins and others

samanthajean9: Y'all gettin cozyyyy!

jenna_nicole: Awww look at that cute fam bam

chaseelliott9: y'all were meant for each other

bubbawallace: @chaseelliott9 agreed. he needed her just as much as she needed him.

chaseelliott9: @bubbawallace I basically just said that

carebear12: @chaseelliott9 @bubbawallace y'all are hilarious

********

Caroline wrapped her arms around Ryan's right arm that was on the console, and laid her head down. Ryan smiled at her, he thought she was so damn adorable.

They made it to Martinsville around seven at night. Ryan got into the driver's campground outside of the track, and found his bus. "Care, we're here," he shook Caroline awake. She sat up and got herself together before getting out, she opened the back and Vader tackled her with kisses. "Oh my goodness boy!" Caroline laughed.

She put his Gryffindor leash on him and held onto him while Ryan unlocked the door to the motor home. Sturgill ran inside and Vader pulled me in. "Jesus dude, you're gonna pull my shoulder out," Caroline laughed.

Once they were settled in, Ryan poured them both some whiskey over ice, and they sat outside, talking with the dogs playing around.

Ryan texted Chase saying that he was there, but Chase being Chase, was running behind and wouldn't get there til about 9PM.

Caroline walked back outside after using the bathroom, and she went to sit back in her chair, but Ryan pulled her on his lap, "So I wanted to talk to you about our relationship," Ryan told her.

"What about it?" Caroline asked.

Ryan was nervous, "Caroline will you be my girlfriend?" He asked her.

Caroline smiled, "Yes," and she kissed him, smiling. Ryan kissed her back, smiling into the kiss.

"Whoa, get it Blaney!" The voice of Bubba Wallace was heard.

Caroline pulled away from Ryan, blushing.

Ryan laughed and tossed an empty beer can at Bubba. Bubba laughed and grabbed a full beer out of the outside fridge, and sat down.

Caroline finished her whiskey, stood up, and Ryan handed her his glass. "Why don't I just bring the bottle out?" She suggested.

"Good thinkin babe," Ryan smirked, smacking her ass as she turned around, causing Caroline to blush. She walked in the motor home, put their empty glasses in the sink and grabbed the bottle of whiskey off of the counter then walked back out.

Caroline sat back on Ryan's lap, and he took the bottle, taking a drink.

"Hey yooooo!" A very drunk Chase Elliott walked over to the group, with a tallboy in his hands, he had already been drinkin'. Luckily he wasn't driving, and he had gotten a ride from the airport to the track, and had quite a bit on the flight there. Chase was an emotional mess, he caught Lauren cheating on him and he's turned to alcohol.

"Chase you're drunk already?" Bubba asked.

Chase laughed, "Nahhh, just gettin' started my guy!" He sat in an empty chair and they were talkin nonsense.

Ryan, Bubba and Caroline were trying not to laugh at Chase, because of how drunk he was. Chase was a funny drunk, and could crack better jokes than when he's sober. In a way though, Caroline felt bad for the guy because the same thing had happened to her brother before he met Lindsey. And up until she met Ryan, Caroline would drink whiskey every night. And Ryan would do the same, because he felt alone, and he found that he only drinks on occasion. Chase was right when he commented on Caroline's travel Instagram post. Caroline and Ryan were meant for each other.

Caroline was starting to get giggly, and she was laughing so hard at Chase and Ryan singing karaoke off of an iPhone that she was snorting.

She recorded it, then posted it.

carebear12: @bubbawallace and I may be a lil drunksies ourselves but these two have been singin' @ericchurch since 9:30 😂😂

@chaseelliott9 @ryanblaney10

Location: Martinsville Speedway

Liked by ericchurch and others

ericchurch: They picked a good artist to sing to!

bretthollins: Oh my lord 😂

danielhemric: Jesus 😂😂😂

erinblaney: 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

*******

Next thing Caroline knew, she was helping a very drunk Ryan Blaney into the motor home. She somehow got him into bed, fed the dogs, and laid down herself.

In the morning, Caroline woke up, put a Body Armor and Advil by his side, she let the dogs out after taking a shower, throwing on a vintage Bill Elliott t–shirt on, leggings and flip flops. She sat outside, drinking coffee and scrolling through her phone.

Ryan woke up and was feeling it bad. He hadn't gotten that drunk in a long time. He spotted the Body Armor and Advil that Caroline had left him. He reminded himself to thank her for that. He took the pain killers and got up, he got in the shower, then threw on a t-shirt, jeans and cowboy boots. He grabbed a random hat and his sunglasses, as well as his phone and walked out of the motor home.

"Morning," He sat next to Caroline.

She smiled at him, "Morning,"

Ryan leaned over and kissed his girl. He couldn't believe that she actually agreed to be his girlfriend.

Caroline kissed Ryan back, she was trying to get used to being able to kiss Ryan whenever she wanted, because she was his, and he was hers. This is all she wanted in life, an amazing boyfriend who cared about her.