Seventeen

"Ryan Blaney will win his way into the champion four!" Rick Allen said over the broadcast.

"WERE GOING FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP HELL YES!" Ryan cheered over the radio.

"Great driving man! Let's go!" Josh Williams said.

"Couldn't be more proud of you bud!" Jonathan Hassler commented.

Kylo watched from pit road as Ryan did his backwards victory lap, as Caroline held onto his hand. They were ushered over to victory lane and met Ryan there. Ryan got out, throwing Body Armor everywhere with his crew mates, Kylo let go of Caroline's hand and ran over to Ryan. "You amazing Daddy!" Kylo hugged Ryan. He picked him up when Parker Kilgerman came over to Ryan for an interview. They did some questions then Parker asked Kylo a question.

"Do you think your dad's gonna win the championship?" Parker asked Kylo. "YEAHHHH!!!" Kylo cheered.

Once the interview was done, Caroline walked over to Ryan, they got victory lane pics and stuff then headed to the post race press conference. Ryan put Kylo on his lap as Caroline watched from the back.

******

On Wednesday they got to Phoenix, Caroline was hanging out with Brittany Logano, who had Hudson, Jameson and Emilia with her. The kids all got along well.

"So when did you find out?" Brittany asked. "Right before we left, but I know the championship is on Ryan's mind so I don't think it's the right time to tell him," Caroline sighed. "I understand. There's things I wanna tell Joey but times I keep it from him due to the circumstances." Brittany replied. "Are you excited to have another son?" Brittany asked. "Very and I feel like Ryan will be too," Caroline smiled. She was currently six months pregnant and would've found out the gender back when she was twenty weeks but the baby was being stubborn.

The girls were still talking by the time Ryan and Joey were done with obligations.

The championship four was: Ryan Blaney, Chris Buescher, Alex Bowman and Noah Gragson. All of them were drivers who have yet to win a championship. All four of them felt the pressure.

*****

Sunday rolled around, Caroline and Kylo were in the pits for pre race ceremonies, "Go kick some booty hole dad!" Kylo said. "I will," Ryan laughed and passed Kylo over to Caroline. "Good luck babe, I love you," Caroline smiled. Ryan kissed her, "I love you too," Ryan smiled.

Pit road was clear, the drivers were in their cars and given the cue to start their engines.

Ryan finished stage one in the third position, stage two in the first position.

Now he was leading the race with two laps to go.

"He's been waiting on this one. He said he was going to do big things this year and he's proven his point. RYAN BLANEY IS A NASCAR CUP SERIES CHAMPION!!" Rick Allen called over the broadcast.

"YEAHHHHH! FUCKING FINALLY!!! YEAHHHH!!!!"

"What a fucking race my man!! BURN THE SHIT OUT OF THAT CAR!" Josh Williams said.

"I'm gonna do somethin! LETS GO!!!!" Ryan cheered.

"Great Job Ryan. It's been a long time coming I'm glad I got to be your crew chief!" Jonathan said.

"I wanna see a burnout Ryan! Another championship with two of my drivers winning. IndyCar with Newgarden and now you in Cup. Burn it the hell down." Roger Penske said.

Kylo watched behind the wall in amazement as Ryan burned the hell out of the car. Once he finished rocking that burnout, he got out of his car, stood on top of it and pumped his fists in the air. Tears were in Ryan's eyes. He couldn't believe he was finally a Champion.

He took his helmet off and HANS device, went over to his crew and celebrated. Then pulled Caroline into him, and picked up Kylo. "I'm so proud of you!" Caroline said, tears in her eyes. "I'm speechless," Ryan replied.

"Hey Ky let's go get that checkered flag," Ryan said. He lifted Kylo up on his shoulders and carried him over to grab the flag. On the way back, Kylo was waving the flag in the air.

Ryan got to drive Kylo with him to victory lane while Caroline met him over there.

*****

In Victory Lane, after the big presentations, Bubba came over to him and they hugged, "You're the man Ryan! Congrats my guy!"

Chase came over next and hugged Ryan, "I'm so fucking proud of you. About time you join the championship club!"

Joey came over to him too, congratulating him. "Second time Penske has two winners in the same season. I swear Team Penske is unstoppable,"

******

Ryan took off the next day for a short championship media tour in the Cleveland area in Ohio, while Caroline took Kylo home.

******

carebear12: So proud of everything he's accomplished this year, he has had ups and downs, but finally making the champions 4 and winning it?! Are you kidding me?! Kylo was on cloud nine watching Ryan this season, These are words Ryan said to Kylo after winning it,

"The little things don't matter, it's the big goal at the end that matters. I want my boy to remember that,"

He's only three but I got it on video and we will show it to Kylo when he enters racing competitions in a few years.

#YRB (12)