One

She'd always been quiet, shy and never wanted to do anything social. She always had to have someone with her in public because she didn't trust strangers. Going into places, she couldn't be the first one, her anxiety always says "Fuck you,"

She sat in the bar alone after her friend had ditched her, she put the glass of whiskey to her lips and took a sip. She didn't leave, the reason most likely had been the whiskey.

She hadn't been in a committed relationship, she's wanted to be, but she hadn't found the right person. She knew she was missing out on a bunch of things. Couples dates, trips, etc. because she was the only single one in her friend group. Whiskey was supposed to drown the pain, but it didn't seem to be doing the trick this time.

Her brother was dragging her with him to the race at Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend. She'd been a NASCAR fan her entire life, but had never been to a race. The only reason she actually agreed to go was because she could drink alcohol in the midst of all the people. Her brother was a crew member for the #12 Penske Ford, tire changer to be exact. He knew the driver very well, but never thought of setting his sister up with him, even though the two are one in the same. They were both shy, reserved, and turned to the whiskey to seal the deal.

She went home to her house to pack for camping at the track. She packed a duffel with her favorite Ryan Blaney t-shirt, a few pairs of leggings, some shorts, and a couple different jacket choices, plus the obviously needed bras and underwear. She packed some toiletries, and her MacBook to do work on at night.

The next morning she took her dog, Vader, to her brother's house so their dog sitter could watch him as well, then she got in her brother's Ford F-250, and they hit the road.

She scrolled though social media, seeing posts of Ryan Blaney and Chase Elliott playing shot roulette. She chuckled at their frat-boy ways.

"Caroline?" Her brother's voice pulled her out of the trance she was in.

She looked up at Brett, "Yo," she replied.

"We made it," He said.

She gathered her bag and followed Brett into the motor home. Brett told her where to put her stuff. He handed her a lanyard with a card on it.

"These are your credentials, you are able to freely move around the track, but make sure you have this with you," Brett informed her.

"Okay thanks," She said.

Brett nodded, "I hadn't planned on going anywhere for a while so if you need my truck you can use it,"

"I already planned on taking it, I need whiskey," She swiped the keys out of his hand.

Brett chuckled, "Can you pick up some Bud Light while you're at it?"

"Will do!" Caroline said, heading out the door.

She jumped in Brett's truck and rolled the windows down, connected her phone to bluetooth and let the sounds of Morgan Wallen blast through the speakers.

She pulled out of the campground and drove past Joey Logano's motor home, she saw his sons outside playing, Joey was standing watching them while Joey's wife Brittany was holding the baby. That's something that Caroline ahd always strived for, she wanted a family, a marriage, and to be happy.

After her alcohol run, she drove back to the campground, got in with no issue due to the sticker on Brett's truck. She put the beer in the outside fridge, walked in the motor home and put on a Ryan Blaney tank-top and some leggings, and she walked outside, turning on the outside tv, sitting on one of the chairs. She opened up the bottle of Jack Daniels and took a drink.

"Yo Bre—you're not Brett," The familiar voice she's heard in interviews, spoke. She looked up and saw her dream guy, the signature hat, aviator sunglasses, vintage t-shirt, jeans and boots standing in front of her.

"I-I'm his sister," I said. Damn Jack, kick in already.

"Oh it's nice to meet you," he said shyly.

Caroline nodded, "You too.." She took another swig from the bottle.

"Um if you see Brett can you tell him Blaney was lookin for him?" Ryan asked her.

"Yeah," Her answer was short because she didn't know what else to say to him. Her NASCAR dream guy was standing in front of her, so of course she was going to be shy.

Ryan nodded and walked off.

About ten minutes later, her brother came back.

"Hey Care," Brett said, grabbing a can of beer out of the fridge.

She looked up, "Hey Blaney came by lookin for you," She replied.

"Oh okay thanks," He took his beer and walked away to Ryan's motor home.

Brett approached Blaney's motor home and knocked on the door. The door opened, "Hey man," Ryan said.

"Hey my sister said you were lookin for me?" Brett replied.

Ryan nodded, "I need advice from someone who's not Chase or Bubba,"

"Advice about what?" Brett questioned, taking a swig of his beer.

Ryan sighed, "Dating. I'm over being single, but haven't found the right girl,"

Brett knew it was time to set him up with Caroline.

"My sister's in the same boat, my guy," Brett told him, "And it's depressing seeing her like that. Something to think about, she's a lot like you," Brett patted him on the back.

Ryan thought Caroline was cute, and it really turned him on watching her drink from the bottle of Jack Daniels earlier. "Thanks man,"

"Actually, uh how bout you join us to hang out around a fire tonight?" Brett suggested.

Ryan shrugged, "Can Chase come?" he knew he would be lost without his best friend.

"Yeah, I don't have a problem with that, see you 'round six," Brett said then walked off.

Ryan immediately got on his phone and texted Chase.

Ryan: Fire at Brett's @ 6.

Chase: Aight