Nine

Caroline's heart was melted when she saw Ryan holding the sleeping Maverick, she decided to post the pic on Instagram.

carebear12: When you walk out from the bedroom and see this. My heart is melted 💖@ryanblaney10

liked by lindseyhollins and others

chaseelliott9: my guy's practicin!

lindseyhollins: Mav never sleeps on people how Ryan .got him to will amaze me!

bretthollins: The fact that he got him to even take a nap. damn @ryanblaney10 you got the magic touch dude

******

Caroline smiled and covered them with a blanket, grabbed her laptop and went outside, with the dogs.

Caroline enjoyed the quiet alone, she was getting a bunch of freelance work done, including designing the refresh for TeamPenske's website, she sent the design over to the marketing team, and started looking on Target for baby things, of course she was gonna wait for Ryan before making a registry, because it is his baby too.

Ryan texted Caroline to come inside that it was important. She got up, brought her laptop in and the dogs.

"Ry where are you?" Caroline asked.

"Guest bath!"

Caroline walked in there and saw Maverick sitting on the toilet, she decided to record for his parents, "Are you being a big boy?" Caroline asked.

"Yah! I twyin to take a shit!" He laughed.

I stopped recording and sent it to Brett and Lindsey in the group chat.

Caroline to Fam Bam: Y'all, your kid just took a shit on the big boy potty

Lindsey: OH. MY. GOD.

Brett: HAHAHA That's my boy!

Lindsey: Also if you're looking for something to do with him, take him to the childrens museum, he loves it there

Caroline: Okay! I'll bring it up to ryan

***

"I woke up, didn't see him, so I called out for him, and he said potty, so I found him in the guest bathroom, sitting down grunting," Ryan told Caroline.

"He's not even fully potty trained yet, close but not fully," Caroline replied. "So someone's growing up on his own,"

After that, Caroline brought up the idea that her sister in law suggested.

"So Lindsey said that if we were looking for something to do with Mav that we could take him to the children's museum, he loves it," Caroline said.

Ryan nodded, he liked the idea as well. "Wanna take just him or should I see if I can swipe Hudson and Jameson from Joey?" He asked.

"You could do that, Maverick usually plays good with everyone," Caroline smiled.

Ryan texted Joey.

Ryan to Joey: Hey we have Caroline's nephew and were trying to take him to the children's museum, y'all in?

Joey to Ryan: Let me ask Britt

Joey to Ryan: Yeah we're in

Ryan to Joey: Give us bout an hour, we'll meet you guys there

*****

They took Maverick's seat out of her Bronco and put it in Ryan's truck. Caroline got in the front while Ryan buckled Maverick in.

Caroline started the truck from the passenger side, and connected her phone to the bluetooth, and played Eric Church, because she knew Maverick would ask for it.

"Good song," Ryan said, getting in the driver's side.

Caroline nodded, "Mav loves Eric Church,"

"Him and Chase would get along good then," Ryan chuckled, pulling out of the garage.

*****

Brittany and Caroline were following behind Joey, Ryan and the kids, just talking.

"He's gonna make a great dad, Care." Brittany said.

Caroline smiled, "Yeah he is, he teared up when I told him,"

"Joey gets emotional with news like that too, but it's what makes the guys human, ya know?" Britt smiled.

"Exactly," Caroline replied.

That's one thing Ryan hated about himself, him being emotional about some things but Caroline loved it.

"He also cried when we found out that we're having a girl," Brittany said.

After the museum, they went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. The kids were coloring on kiddie menus, and the adults were talking.

Caroline spaced out thinking, over a year ago, she didn't think she'd have the friends she has now, she didn't think she'd be dating YRB, let alone even being pregnant, Ryan has brought her out of her shell so much, and she's done the same to him.

Ryan snapped his fingers in front of her face, "Caroline,"

She snapped out of it, "What? Sorry, spacing out,"

"I was just worried about you for a minute," Ryan grabbed her hand under the table. "Were you thinking about something?"

"Yeah, just that just under a year ago, I was a college student, who had never been to a NASCAR race, and then my brother dragged me to Atlanta with him, and I met you, and now here we are almost a year later," She smiled.

Ryan was on cloud nine with Caroline, he loved her so much. "I'm glad you found someone Ryan," Joey said.

"Yeah if it wasn't for her brother, I don't think I'd be with anyone right now, honestly," Ryan smiled.

*****

They got home, Caroline had a sleeping Maverick in her arms. She laid him down on the couch while Ryan let Sturgill and Vader out.

Sitting by his side til Ryan got the dogs back in and calmed down, before getting up and going to take a shower. After getting out of the shower, she felt Ryan's arms around her naked body, giving her a shiver down her back. She got a chill when Ryan's hands found her belly.

Ryan was excited that he was going to be a father, and Caroline was excited to be a mother. She didn't think she'd ever get to this point but at only twenty-two, soon to be twenty-three, she was ready.