Sixteen

"Kylo where we goin?" Caroline asked her and Ryan's now three year old son.

"To daddy!!" Kylo giggled.

Caroline had Walker Hayes playing in her Bronco, when she pulled up to Penske where Ryan was waiting for her, "What the hell kind of shit are you listening to?" He asked, getting in the passenger size.

"Country music," Caroline laughed. "This ain't country music. You've lost your music playin privileges for a while," Ryan told her. He disconnected Caroline's phone from bluetooth and connected his. He put his Spotify playlist called "Songs Kylo Should Know" on shuffle and some random Sturgill Simpson song came on, "Now this, this is country," Ryan laughed.

Caroline just laughed, and started driving. "So where we goin now?" she asked. "Uh you're the one driving,"

"We're goin to Chipotle then," Caroline said.

They went to Chipotle, ordered, got their food and sat down. "Ryan don't give him spicy shit," Caroline said, trying to keep a serious face. "Why? He likes it!" Ryan laughed. Kylo started to giggle, "My butthole gonna hurt when I fart," Kylo said, causing Ryan and Caroline to laugh. "You're a dork," Ryan said.

"Oh I'm in trouble," Caroline laughed.

Ryan busted out laughing, "Yeah you're fucked,"

*****

"Alright Ky's down for a nap, that means time for us," Caroline said. "Perfect," Ryan replied. Caroline sat on the couch next to him, "Uh no," Ryan pulled her on his lap. "You belong here on my lap,"

Caroline smiled and kissed him. Then her phone went off. "Ugh what?" She checked her phone then screamed. "AHHHH!"

"Jesus Christ what's wrong?" Ryan asked. "Sam and Chase got engaged!!!" Caroline exclaimed. "Wait really?" Ryan asked. "Yes! Check Instagram," she replied.

"Oh about time his chicken shit does it," Ryan laughed. "I mean at least he stuck to his word and did it," Caroline replied. "Yeah, I'm just shocked he actually did it, he was hesitant to even buy a ring," Ryan told her. "Wait what?" She asked, shocked. "He didn't think he and Sam would last because of everything that's happened with Kaylie and Lauren," Ryan said. "Okay but Sam loves him to death," Caroline replied. "I know, and I had to reassure him that only he could make the decision. He bought the ring and I'm glad he followed through on everything," Ryan told her.

*******

Kylo woke up and walked out to the living room, and he didn't see Caroline but saw Ryan sleeping. Caroline and Samantha opened a NASCAR themed coffee shop, so she was there quite a bit, but a lot of times she'd bring Kylo with her.

Kylo climbed on top of Ryan, "Daddy wake up!" Kylo said. Ryan groaned, then opened his eyes a little bit, "Give me a couple more minutes bud," Ryan said. "Nope, nope, you told me if I taked a nap we could go to race track," Kylo said. "I did say that didn't I?" Ryan said, sitting up.

"Let's head out there,"

They headed outside, Kylo got in his go kart, and Ryan helped him get his helmet on. The go kart's colors were identical to Ryan's main paint scheme of blue and bright yellow.

Ryan gave Kylo the go ahead to drive off, and then he started to record.

ryanblaney10: This kid's a lot like me I'm not mad @carebear12 #KRB

Liked by chaseelliott9 and others

chaseelliott9: He's your twin too

ryanblaney10: @chaseelliott9 Yeah the genes are strong

******

Chase was right though, Kylo had Ryan's brown hair, it was longer because Kylo wouldn't let Caroline or Ryan take him to get a haircut, he had Ryan's clothing style. The only thing of Caroline he had was her nose.

After Kylo was done running laps, which went on for twenty-minutes, Ryan brought him inside, as well as the dogs, "Alright bud, mom said she's gonna be a little late, what do you wanna do?" Ryan asked Kylo. "Build a Hot Wheels track around the house!" Kylo exclaimed. "We can do that," Ryan said. He was honestly enjoying this one on one time with Kylo.

They built a massive Hot Wheels track from the top of the stairs, going over the kitchen island, into the living room and ending by the bottom of the stairs.

"Alright Ky, let it go," Ryan said. Kylo flipped the lever which allowed the #12 diecast race on the track, and Ryan followed with his phone which was recording it.

Kylo ran around and followed it too. Sturgill and Vader were barking at it the whole time, which they always do. "YES YES YES! THAT WAS AWESOME!" Kylo exclaimed.

*****

ryanblaney10: When mom's away, the kids will play. Loved this one on one time with my boy. @carebear12 #KRB

Liked by joeylogano and others

*****

They left out the Hot Wheels stuff because Kylo wanted to Caroline to see it and then they were watching some Star Wars Lego show on Disney+. Kylo was a huge Star Wars fan like his parents.

"Hey daddy can I be a pilot for Halloween?" Kylo asked. "I don't have a problem with it, let's talk to your mom when she gets home, but I think you need to ask her," Ryan told him.

Caroline walked in the door right on cue. "Hi mommy!" Kylo exclaimed. Ryan got up and walked over to her, and kissed her.

"Hey, how was y'alls day?" She asked. "We builded a big race track!" Kylo exclaimed. "I can see that," Caroline chuckled. "He ran twenty minutes on his go-kart, he didn't want to get off the track," Ryan told her. "He's every bit of his daddy's son," Caroline chuckled.

"Kylo figured out what he wants to be for Halloween," Ryan said. "I wanna be a pilot!" Kylo exclaimed. "Okay that's adorable," Caroline replied.

"Why'd you choose a pilot?" She asked. "Cause Uncle Chase flies planes!" Kylo exclaimed.

*****

Halloween rolled around, luckily Ryan was able to be there for trick-or-treat.

carebear12: Captain Kylo Blaney ready for takeoff! He wanted to be like his uncle @chaseelliott9! @ryanblaney10 #KRB

Liked by chaseelliott9 and others

chaseelliott9: hahaha YES!!!!