Eight

"Yes I'll meet you for lunch after my appointment," Caroline reassured Ryan.

Ryan sighed, "Okay, I love you,"

"I love you too," She smiled, then hung up the FaceTime.

"Caroline?"

Caroline stood up, and went with the radiology technician. She was getting an ultrasound done on her stomach because it had been hurting for a few days no explaination. The technician had her lift her shirt up and lay on the table. "This gel will be a little cold," The tech, Katie, said.

Caroline nodded, and shivered when the gel was placed on her belly. As the radiology tech moved the wand around, she was shocked, "Hmm," she said. "Honey do you see an OB/GYN routinely?"

"Yeah Doctor Kane, why? Is everything okay?" Caroline asked, worriedly.

Katie nodded, "Honey, you're pregnant,"

"What!?!" Caroline exclaimed.

Katie smiled, "Look, this is your baby's head," she told her.

Caroline was full of emotions, "Oh my god. I didn't even know it,"

"I will send these to your doctor, but also will print them off for you," Katie told her.

Caroline made an appointment with her OB/GYN, and was amazingly able to get one that moment. Her lunch with Ryan wasn't until 12, and it was only 10:15 now.

She got checked in and got called back.

The doctor did a full examination, "The reason you didn't know you were pregnant is because there were minimal signs, the bloatedness, and minimal nausea you said was normal for your period, but you have a history of irregular periods. But you are in fact pregnancy, and the baby is healthy," Dr. Kane smiled at her.

Caroline thanked her and she left the doctor's office, then headed home, she walked inside. Ryan was still there, luckily.

"Oh hey you're back early," Ryan said to her.

Caroline nodded, "Yeah, surprisingly, I had to have an appointment with my OBGYN." She sat next to him.

"Everything okay?" Ryan asked, sitting up.

"Yeah, um the ultrasound tech was doing the ultrasound and found this," Caroline said, handing him the ultrasound. 

"You're pregnant?!"

"You're pregnant?!"

Caroline bit her lip and nodded, worrying about how he would take it.

Ryan pulled her on his lap and kissed her, "We're going to be parents?!"

"We are," Caroline smiled. "Well shit, how soon til we can start telling people?" Ryan asked. "Well apparently, I'm 13 weeks along and past the what they call 'danger zone', so we can at anytime." She smiled.