Fifteen

Maverick walked down the aisle ahead of Caroline, pulling a wagon, holding a sign that said, "LAST CHANCE TO RUN", and in the wagon was Kylo who was 5 months old, and he had a sign that said "Daddy, it's time to give mommy our last name,"

"Caroline my god you look beautiful," Brett told his sister. "I can't believe I'm actually getting married. I didn't think this would ever happen," Caroline replied.

Brett nodded, "I felt the same way then I met Lindsey,"

"Alright, let's do this wedding thing," Caroline said.

They walked to the beginning of the aisle, and linked arms.

****

"Dearly Beloved and Honored Guests, We are gathered together here to join Caroline and Ryan in the spiritual union of marriage.

This contract is not to be entered into lightly but thoughtfully and seriously, and with a deep realization of its obligations and responsibilities. Please remember that love, loyalty, and understanding are the foundations of a happy and enduring home."

Caroline and Ryan couldn't stop smiling at each other.

"Do you Ryan take Caroline to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto her for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do," Ryan smiled brightly.

"Do you Caroline take Ryan to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto him for as long as you both shall live?

"I do," Caroline smiled.

The officiant asked for the rings, which were handed to him by the best man and maid of honor, which in this case was Chase and Samantha.

"Ryan and Caroline will now exchange rings as a symbol of their love and commitment."

They slid the rings on each others fingers.

"By the authority vested in me by American Marriage Ministries and the State of North Carolina, I now pronounce you husband and wife."

Ryan leaned in and kissed Caroline deeply. They were finally married.

*******

They got pictures done, and then headed over to the bigger barn which the reception was held in.

After they made their grand entrance, they went to the dance floor for their first dance. Caroline looked up at Ryan as a curtain on the stage opened up and the barn erupted in cheers, Caroline and Ryan looked over, and saw Luke Combs standing on the stage. "Oh my god!" Caroline said. Ryan smiled at her, "Surprise baby," Ryan said.

Caroline had tears in her eyes, "You didn't,"

Ryan smiled, "I did,"

"So I heard from a certain groom that his wife is a huge fan, I thought I'd be a wedding crasher today. Congratulations, Caroline and Ryan," Luke said, and the band started playing "Forever After All".

Ryan spun Caroline around the dance floor, and they got lost in their own world, "I love you so much," Caroline said. Ryan kissed her, "I love you more than you'll ever know,"

After the first dance, it was onto the welcome speeches, and dinner.

Caroline smirked at Ryan, while holding Kylo in her arms. "What?" Ryan asked. "You've got potatoes in your beard," she laughed, snapping a picture.

"Oh shit," he laughed. By this time, Ryan would've shaved his face but he knew Caroline liked him with a full beard, so he kept it and would shave after the wedding.

Kylo looked over at Ryan, and started giggling. "Come here little man," Ryan took Kylo and held him for a little bit so Caroline could eat without a distraction.

Caroline grabbed a drink before they made their welcome speeches because her anxiety was real and this place was packed.

After that, they ate dinner then the best man, and maid of honor made speeches.

"So if you don't know who I am, my name's Chase, I'm a NASCAR driver and Ryan's best friend. I've been waiting for this day since Ryan told me he got a girlfriend. And honestly, with how picky he was, I didn't think I'd see the day. But anyway my guy you found Caroline and I'm so fucking happy for you, and honored you chose me to stand by your side. We're doin shots later buddy, and you ain't gettin out of it," Chase said, causing everyone to laugh, including Ryan and Caroline.

Samantha got up and did her speech next, "Hi y'all. I'm Samantha, and Caroline is my best friend, basically my sister. We've known each other since we were two. So honestly, I thought Caroline would be single forever, and she would never come out of her shell, but Ryan brought out the best in her. She might kill me for this but when we were kids, she always said that she was gonna marry a NASCAR driver, and I think she said at the time it was gonna be Dale Jr, but she was good with anyone, but she somehow kept to her word and she married Ryan. Y'all are good for each other. Take care of her Blaney," Sam smirked, then took a drink.

Instead of a father/daughter dance, Caroline and Brett did a brother/sister dance. Ryan and his mom did a mother/son dance.

Then the DJ played some upbeat country and the dance got underway.

The garter toss happened, and Chase caught that. Then Caroline threw the bouquet, which Samantha caught.

It was irony, but perfect, because Ryan and Caroline knew Chase planned on proposing in Daytona.

During the night, they did the cake cutting, which resulted in Ryan and Caroline smashing red velvet cake in each others faces.

Their last dance was "Talladega" by Eric Church. They both knew they needed to incorporate NASCAR into the race somehow.

A bunch of people who were associated with NASCAR came to the wedding reception.

******

Upon returning from the wedding, Ryan had Caroline out of her dress and on the bed.

******

In the morning, they picked up Kylo from Ryan's parents, then spent the day just hanging at home.

******

carebear12: Last night was magical! Thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate with us. Still stunned that @lukecombs showed up, Forever After All sounded so much better live!

#BlaneyOrBust

Tagged: ryanblaney10

Liked by samanthajean02 and others