1.1

malia's perspective;

"I've tried everything, he doesn't want to speak to me," I explained to Michael, wiping the last table clean.

Me and Luke hadn't spoken for almost a week since our fall out. I left him about 300 calls and texts, but of course they were all left unanswered. I even went to his house, but apparently no one was home.

"I don't know, maybe just give him some space," Michael shrugged, throwing the table cloth over his shoulder.

"It's been over a week, Michael. How much more time does he need?" I sighed.

"Maybe I should speak to him."

"You've never even met him before, how would you speak to him?" I asked.

"Well, Ash is having some guys night out type of thing tonight, he's probably going to be there," Michael said.

"Oh my god yes, that would be amazing," I grinned, wrapped him arms around his waist and embracing him in a warm hug. "Just please don't say anything stupid."

"I won't, I promise you," He smiled down at me.

-

luke's perspective:

It felt weird that me and Malia weren't talking. What she said hurt, but I still missed her. I was more disappointed than angry. Having the most important person in my life right now say that I was pathetic was pretty crushing, but god I missed her.

"Bro, are you okay? You seem pretty down," Ashton asked me, handing me another beer from the fridge.

"Yeah I'm fine," I gave him a quick smile, before taking the beer from his hand taking a sip. "Who are those guys?" I asked, pointing over to the boys sitting in the living room.

"Just friends from college and stuff, let me introduce you to this guy - you'll like him," He grinned, signalling me to not move so he can go get his friend.

"Luke, this is Michael."

"Hey, cool hair," I grinned, straight away noticing his electric blue hair.

"Thanks, you too," he grinned.

There was an awkward silence and a few weird stares between Michael and Ashton before someone spoke.

"I'll let you two get to know each other," Ashton laughed, patting Michael on the back before going back to the other boys.

"So do you work anywhere?" I asked, not really sure what to talk about.

"Yeah, I work in a coffee shop just down the block," Michael explained.

"Oh really?" I asked. I remembered Malia telling me something about where the coffee shop that she worked at was. What if they knew each other? Obviously not, there are tons of coffee shops that she could have worked at. "You wouldn't happen to know a girl called Malia Smith, would you?"

"Yeah I do actually, she's one of my best friends," He grinned.

Oh fuck.

Of course he knew her.

Of course he knows who I am.

She must of told him about me.

"Well shit, it's a small world huh?" I chuckled awkwardly, looking down at my beer bottle.

"So what's going on with you two?" Michael asked, smiling.

"What do you mean?" I gulped hard, suddenly feeling very uncomfortable.