Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Leo POV

My eyes flashed open and I bolted out of my bed as I awoke with a start. I looked around my room and I was disappointed. I had expected to wake up in the forest but what I got was 4 walls and a roof. I still had the smell of the forest floor in my nostrils. I sat on the bed and put my head in my hands and tried to recall my dream. How I placed my hands through her soft coat and looked into her eyes that looked as if they could see my soul made my body tingle with need for her. I began to wish I never woke up. 

“Leo! Time for school, wake up!” my mom yelled from downstairs.

I grumbled as I slid off my bed and went toward the bath room to get ready. I really wished that what I felt wasn’t just a dream. It felt so real but then again a lot of my dreams felt real. I looked at myself in the mirror and blinked my eyes a few times to clear the sleep from them. I stared into my own orange beast eyes and took breaths to calm myself in order to change there color back to midnight blue.  I tried to think of anything else other than the dream and the first thing that came to mind was Josephine Moon.  Just like that my calming breaths turned into exhaling on a sigh.

Josephine Moon, Josey, with her long hair and slender frame.  Just the thought of her made my heart swell and put a spring in my step. I dressed in a hurry and went downstairs to breakfast. My mom was surprised because she didn’t have to call me several times to come downstairs.

“My aint you up mighty early, you must be excited about your new school. Here I thought I’d have to drag you out’a bed this mornin.” Mom said.

My mom is from the south where they still ride horses down Main Street. She is what most people would call a real Southern Bell and I think that is what attracted my dad to her. They met when my mom went out chasing the wolves that attacked her chickens during the night. What she came across was my dad in his wolf form that had been wounded during an alpha fight. When my mom first saw him she was about to put a bullet between his eyes, but when she saw the wound she dismounted her horse and slowly came towards him. When my mom was able to get her hands in his fur immediately the call of the mate went up. The wind whipped around them and their eyes met, it was love at first site to hear him tell it. According to mom however she sent him on a wild chase until she let him marry her. Their love is still strong even after 30 years of marriage.

“Actually I had a great first day. I got a mentor so I know where all my classes are. I have all AP classes and their school is still catching up to ours.” I said

“Well that’s good Hun. So what is your mentor like is he nice to you and your friends, or is he mean cause you are new?” Mom asked

“Well as a matter a fact ‘She’ is great. She is real nice and doesn’t mind me tagging along like a lost dog. No pun intended.” I said

“Well that’s good Hun….. What? Wait did you say ‘She’?” mom asked

“Well yes mom I did say ‘She’.  Well I got to get to school. I still need to go to the principle and check in.” I said and kissed my mom on the cheek before heading out.

I left my mom with a dumbfounded look on her face as I jumped in my car and headed to pick up my other pack members that go to school with me.

Josey’s POV

I woke up with a start. I was so tired. I checked the clock on my phone to make sure I was still up early enough to leave with out waking anyone up. I grabbed my clothes and dressed in a hurry. I folded my blankets and laid them neatly on the end of the couch that I had slept on. I walked silently over to the door and picked up my bags then headed out the door.

 I walked to the parking garage that was attached to the apartments and once I found my car I headed back to my aunts house. I wouldn’t be going to school today I just hope that Leo can find his way around school alright. Just thinking about him brought back memories from yesterday. The way his touch made me feel sent shivers down my spine. I don’t have time for these feelings so I push them down as I pull into my aunt’s drive way.

As I reach for the door I can’t help but hope that she nor Mark is home. When I get inside and hear no movement I call out to see if I will get an answer. When all is silent I breathed a sigh of relief. I walk to my room and deposit my bags in my room. I go back downstairs and examine the mess that Mark and Aunt Molly left. I grab a note pad and pen and make a list of things that need to be cleaned. Once the list is made I set to my task at hand. This is going to take all day. 

Liam’s POV

I awoke slowly, never had I been so well rested.  I shifted and sat up on the side of the bed. I noticed my reflection in the mirror and realized I was smiling. Then it hit me why I was smiling.

“Josey.”, I whispered

I hoped up from the bed and walked to the door, when I noticed myself in the mirror again. Geez the just out of bed look does not look good on me. Sigh I guess I need to go to the bathroom first. Shower, shave, and comb my hair then checked the clock. I still got enough time to start breakfast before I have to get Josey up.  I walked out into the living room and glimpsed at the couch I saw the covers all bunched to one end of the couch.  She must have kicked the covers to the end of the couch in the middle of the night. I continued on into the kitchen and set to make breakfast. Half way through making breakfast Trish comes in.

“Hey what’s got you up this early?” Trish asks

“I don’t know. Hey while I am up early maybe I can drive Josey to school. Give you the day off of having to driver her around. Speaking of Josey you might want to go and wake her up, breakfast is almost done.” I said to Trish while finishing up the breakfast.

Trish grumbles something while rubbing her still sleepy eyes then goes to wake up Josey. I finish breakfast and begin to set the table all the time hearing doors open and shut through out the apartment. All of a sudden Trish burst through the door looking rather confused.

“Um… have you seen her this morning?” Trish asks

“Not directly. I saw the covers bunched on the couch and just assumed she was here. Why is she not her? I just talked to her last night she has to be here.” I said saying the last part more to myself than to Trish.

I walked from the kitchen to check the living room for myself. I look on the couch and see that the covers are not bunched but neatly folded to one end. I remember her putting her luggage by the door and turn to look. When I see her luggage is gone it hits me she left with out saying goodbye. I sit on the couch and put my head in my hands. I feel the cushion depress and I look up and see Trish sitting beside me. She puts a hand on my shoulder in a soothing action.

“Hey it is fine. She stayed all she was going to this time. She has this thing about not out staying her welcome. Almost as if we will rebuff her if she does.” Trish says while rubbing my shoulder

“Where did she go?” I said almost afraid of the answer. Trish sighed before answering

“She went back to her Aunts house. Though it is not really a home she is Josey’s guardian so until she can legally move out there is nothing we can say.” Trish said and her hand slid down my back as I stood up

I walked to the door and jerked it open. I turned to Trish before I left and let her see the emotions warring in my eyes.

“I refuse to let her live where that asshole will beat her and that drunk will make her life a living hell” I said

Just before I closed the door I heard Trish say something that sounded an awful lot like “Why does it matter so much to you?”

==========================================================================

This is a cell phone line ^^^ that way all those on cell phones can read with out losing any of the story

Much love to all my fans and for those that read and comment thanks alot.

~Elizabeth~....AKA Fullmoonnight