Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Liam's POV

I was just going to surprise my cousin, but what I got was a surprise for myself. I walked in a 3 thugs were holding up the place where my cousin Trishianne works and that pissed me off. I took one deep calming breath as my eyes scanned the area and I thought of a plan of attack. 2 thugs were coming toward me and another just off to the side. I had it all planned out exactly what I was going to do as the two thugs got closer. I was waiting on the ones in front of me to get closer so I could effectively take them out without alerting the third. 1....2....

"Now" a voice screamed in my head which caused me to hesitate

Just then I saw the third thug's head slam into the table in front of him. I heard the distinctive Crunch sound of nose meeting wood. All attention went to the third man and I took my chance and took out the ones in front of me. My moves were a Burr as I side stepped one of them and slammed there heads together. Once the offenders were out cold the bartender walked over gun drawn toward the thugs.

"Josey" Trishianne yelled while running over to where the third thug was.

My first thought was that she knew this man but as I got closer I saw the girl huddled under the table. She had Long, Curly Brown Hair which was covering her face and she was curled into a ball with here head on her knees.  Trish was bending down trying to coax her out when I heard the sirens in the distance still to far for the human ear to hear. I knew the police would be here soon the little girl let out a small whisper like gasp

“No, I got to get out" the voice screeched in my head

The girl Trish calls Josey Jumped out from under the table and bolted to the back door.

"Josey Come back" Trish said running after her

I reached the girl before she got to the door and held her as she fought me uselessly. I picked her up off here feet in what I could only hope was a comforting embrace.

"I have to leave, they can't find me here." She pleaded with me but when she saw it was getting her no where she turned to Trish

"Trish you have to tell him, I 'need' to leave. Please" She cried.

To my surprise Trish went to the back door and peaked out she dug into her pocket and threw me the keys to her car.

"Take her to my apartment I will cover and then follow" Trish said to me ....WTF I am so confused. When did we start siding with humans?

"I will explain later, go now" Trish said when she saw my aggravated face

I walked outside dragging 'Josey' as Trish calls her to the car. I had my arm around her shoulder trying to act casual in case there was any one watching. I noticed her hair was still in her face and she didn't bother to push it behind her ear.

We got in the car and I pulled away from the bar when I realized I had no idea where I was going.  Sighing I Turned to the girl huddled in a ball in the passenger seat feeling awkward.

"Um...Josey do you know where we're going?" I asked

She told me the way and then curled right back up into a ball. I couldn't help but think of her as a weak human. I wasn't disgusted I was just amused by her behavior.

Five minutes later

We got to Trish's apartment and as soon as the door was open Josey went to the bathroom.  I walked from room to room getting a feel of the place and waiting on Josey to get out of the bathroom.  I walked from the kitchen down the hall towards the bathroom twenty minutes later to make sure she was alright. What I heard nearly made me gag. She was vomiting and crying I forced myself to stay outside. I got worried and tapped on the door.