Forest Ranger Training

"So, is everyone here?" Asked Tighnari.

"Looks like it!" Said Collei.

"Wonderful, now let's get on with this, my name is Tighnari and I will be your guide to becoming a forest ranger. Any questions?" He asked.

Nobody raised there hand.

"Alright, first of all we are going to be talking about plants, this is one of the important roles of a forest ranger, knowing what plants you have come in contact with." Said Tighnari picking up some mint from the ground.

"This is mint, the reason I know is because it has a certain type of smell that you obviously have to know. Also, it has little buds at the top that are cyan." He said.

"Mint can be used for making medicines, making food, or other types of things I'm not going to list." He said putting the mint back down on the ground.

"Now let's get into something a little trickier. Mushrooms." He said picking up a starshroom near a fallen tree trunk.

"This is a starshroom. It a big help with medicine. So if you don't feel good, then you should probably take one." He said inspecting it.

"But this one seems a bit moldy, that's the second part about mushrooms, you have to check if there is anything suspicious on it or about it." He said throwing it.

A person raises her hand.

"Yes?" Asked Tighnari.

"Mr. Tighnari, is it bad if we eat moldy mushrooms? Would we need to take a special type of medicine?" Asked a short girl.

"Well, I would say yes in this occasion but since it depends on which mushroom you ate, then I don't know what to say to that, good question though." Said Tighnari.

"Oh! Okay.." said the short girl writing some notes in a little journal, she had dark red hair, up in a bun. She was wearing a grey crop top and a green sweat shirt over it with some cute brown shorts and some black boots.

"Any other questions now?" Asked Tighnari.

Everyone shook their head.

"Okay then, I think it's getting pretty late so we should make camp around here." He said while signaling everyone towards a spot with little weeds around it.

"Is everyone familiar with making tents? You should have materials in your backpack." Said tighnari.

Everyone nodded their heads and got to work.

"If you don't have enough materials then your going to have to share with someone." He said.

"Oh.. I don't have any materials, do you mind if I share a tent with you? I can help you set it up..?" Asked the short girl from earlier.

"Sure, I have an extra blanket if you need it." You smiled at the short girl.

"I'm Lula by the way, your name is?"

"Y/n, nice to meet you Lula." You said while hammering a nail in the ground.

After you and Lula set up the camp you got in and made the place look comfortable. After you guys both finish it was starting to get really dark, so everyone gathered around a campfire that Collei made and roasted some meat that was hunted by one of the trainees.

"I have a campfire story to tell!" Said Collei getting cozy in her blanket.

"I guess we can tell stories, but then we need to rest since we are hunting in the morning." Said Tighnari sighing.

"Yay! Okay! So it all started when this little girl was born..." Collei went on.

After Collei told the story, everyone headed into there tents for rest, but Lula apparently had other plans.

"Y/n! Are you awake?" Lula asked.

"Yeahh.. what is it?" You asked tiredly.

"Well, I was thinking we should talk and get to know eachother better!" Suggested Lula.

"Sure, you go first." You said sitting up and turning on the little lantern in your tent.

"Well, I'm 21, and I have a little tiny crush on Tighnari!" She whispered.

"Eww.. why would you like him? And I'm the same age as you too." You said laughing.

"Your turn!" Lula pushed.

"Well, as you know I'm 21, and I'm not really interested in dating at the moment, I'm more focused on my studies." You said shrugging.

"I don't judge! Studies are really important at our age! Do you maybe want to grab a snack? I'm kind of hungry.." said Lula giggling.

"Sure, I'll get it but promise after this we can go to sleep?" You begged.

"Alright.." Lula said.

You slowly open the curtain of your tent to see that the coast was clear, so you went to get your backpack before you hear,

"What are you doing?" Asked Tighnari.

"Eek! Oh it's just you." You sighed.

"Well I'm waiting for an answer." He said.

"I'm just getting my backpack for.. feminine products..?" You said embarrassed.

"Oh, okay sorry. Your good." Tighnari smiled at you before entering his tent.

You sighed as you went back in your tent blushing.

"I heard everything!" Said Lula laughing her ass off.

"It's all I could think of!" You said grabbing some beef jerky out of your backpack and handing it to Lula.