Spike and the Beanstalk

Once upon a time in a far off kingdom, there lived a baby dragon named Spike. He and his mother Ms. Sparkle were farmers, but during these difficult times, they hardly had enough food or money for themselves. Eventually, they were in terrible debt and they couldn't afford anything anymore. Times were so hard that the mare and her son only had two things left; a small farmhouse in desperate need of repair and one old white cow that was already out of milk. On the day Ms. Sparkle and Spike finished the last of their food, she turned to look at her son with a concerned expression on her face.

"Spike, can you do me a big favor?" Ms. Sparkle asked.

"Sure, mom. What is it you want me to do?" Spike said, looking up at his mother with a smile.

"I need you to go to the market with our cow and sell her for as much as you can."

"Sell our cow?!?"

"Yes, we need the money."

"But... why?"

"Because if we don't, we'll have nothing, we'll be thrown out into the streets, and we'll be left to starve. Do you understand?"

Spike thought about his mother's request. He quickly realized the seriousness of the situation and he let out a sigh.

"Yeah, I understand. I'll try to sell the cow." Spike said, nodding his head and smirking.

"That's my boy. Believe me it's for the best." Ms. Sparkle said, smiling and giving her son a small peck in the forehead. "Now remember, when you make it to the market, accept no less than ten bits for her. And don't dawdle or stop for anything on your way there. Get it?"

"Got it. Bye, mom."

"Bye, Spike. See you later."

So with the cow in tow, Spike made his way along the trodden path towards the market in town. But after a half an hour of walking, he came across a rather strange surprise.

"Oh, hi there. If I'm not mistaken, you must be... Spike, right?" A mysterious cloaked unicorn mare said with a friendly smile as she approached Spike.

"Uh, yeah. I'm Spike... How do you know my name? Who are you?" Spike asked nervously.

"That's not important. I was just wondering where you're going."

"Oh, I'm just on my way to the market to sell my cow. No less than ten bits."

"You don't say. Well, don't worry. I've got something that will magically erase all of your debt. Trust me." The mare said.

"What are you talking about?" Spike asked, sounding intrigued.

The mare rummaged through the pockets of her ragged cloak and she showed the dragon three beans. Spike winced, confused and angry.

"Beans? That's it? What kind of idiot do you think I am? I can't accept these." Spike ranted, pushing the mare's hoof away.

"No, no, no; you don't understand. These beans contain a powerful magic." She replied.

"Magic? What kind of magic?"

"Magic to its finest, defies all description too. These beans hold power beyond any you could ever imagine. And maybe, just maybe, they might just be able to help you. So what do you say? Do we have a deal?"

"Are you sure you're telling me the truth? Because if you're lying..."

"Of course I'm telling the truth. Do I really look like a pony who would lie to you?

"Well..."

Spike looked at the mare's outstretched hoof, waiting to be shaken. He was very hesitant on taking the beans in exchange for his cow, but he knew how his mother would react if he came back empty-clawed. So he took the pony's hoof and said with a smile,