Breakup, Breakdown

Percy's POV) 

The next morning, I met him in the bathroom right before class. "Hey! I got you some things. They're in my backpack." I slipped it off of my back and reached in to get the sweater and jacket. 

He blushed. "Wow, you... Were serious about that, huh?" He asked, picking at the tattered cuffs of his black sweatshirt. 

"Of course I was. Why would I joke about it?" 

He shrugged. "I just... Thought you'd realize I don't need you to do that. I mean, I clearly have stuff to wear, so why did you bother?" 

"But they're so ripped and... Worn. And old looking. When was the last time you went shopping for clothes?" 

"Um... I dunno. I don't think I've ever gone by myself, I just wear what I already have. And dad's stuff... A lot of dad's stuff." 

I smirk. "Is that why the jacket's so big on you?" 

He sighed, crossing his arms in front of him. "... Yeah." 

I raised a brow, handing the clothes to him. "Is something wrong?" 

"No, no... Nothing's wrong." 

"Clearly, something's wrong." I sat down on a toilet. "Talk to me." 

"It's really nothing you have to worry about." He insisted, stuffing my gifts into his backpack. "Stop trying to take care of me." 

"Well, somebody needs to."  

He rolled his eyes. "I can take care of myself." 

"I know, but... You shouldn't be the only one taking care of you. It's not healthy for anyone to be a hundred percent independent, that's just not human nature. Everyone needs someone." 

"Well I don't." 

I sighed. "Y'know what, fine. Be that way. I clearly can't stop you." I stood up and went to my dad's classroom, while he followed close behind. He sat next to me like always, and soon, dad came in dressed all old timey. I forgot today was technically Halloween. 

"Hey class! So, since I'm gonna be a father, I've done something special for Halloween and dressed up as one of the most famous fathers in classic literature. Anyone who can guess who it is gets a pass on the pop quiz! Who wants to go first?" 

Nico leaned over. "Atticus Finch." He guessed, quietly so only I could hear. 

I smiled and repeated his answer. He seemed pleasantly surprised. "Correct! You came up with that really fast." 

"Uh, thanks. I just guessed." 

He passed the papers out, and I was glad not to have to take it, all thanks to Nico. I looked over at him, who was already almost done after only a few minutes. "... Hey... Why did you help me?" I asked him. 

He shrugged, filling the last bubble in. "Well... You did something nice for me. So, y'know... I wanted to return the favor." He stood up and turned in the test, before returning back to his seat. "Besides, I knew I'd ace it." 

-

When lunch came around, I pulled Annabeth into a broom closet to talk. "So... About last weekend. I... I said some really harsh words the last time we talked. I dumped you, basically. But... I regret it. Deeply, deeply regret it. You're the love of my life, and... I'd be lost without you. I... I need you. Please. I'll do anything to get on your good side again, and we can just... Pretend all this soap opera bullshit never happened." 

"Soap opera bullshit? Is that what you're calling my relationship with Piper?" 

"You already have a relationship with Piper?"