Cherish

(Celebrity!Louis x Old Friend!Reader)

Author's POV

Louis walked on stage, looking through the crowd. He watched as many people cheered for him. He was only sixteen but he had many fans globally. But Y/n wasn't one of them. She didn't understand why he was so famous. Sure, he was good at singing but that didn't mean everyone had to look at him as if he were the sun himself right? Well that's what she thought. The main reason she didn't like him is because she once knew him. After she moved to (city name), all communication was cut off. She was hurt that he didn't bother to tell her about what was going on in his life. But, why would he need her now? He's got fans, money, everything he could wish for! That was on her side. On his side, he missed her. His mother cut told him to focus on the future. Not the past. He still wished he had her in his life again. He had a lot of good things, but also a lot of bad things. Him being a celebrity cost him his freedom. He had to keep practicing and practicing, non stop. He couldn't go anywhere out of the house without bodyguards to keep fans away either, which he hated. I mean, he couldn't complain about all of his supporters but with supporters he also had haters. He was sent many hate messages but he didn't care. Y/n still tries to get in touch with him, but it was always run over by fangirls.

Louis' POV

I was going to (City name). "Finally. I'm going to see you again Y/n" I whispered. "Lancelot looked at me and I smiled at him. "Come on. I have to go see someone." He nodded and followed me where ever I was going. I wore sunglasses, a grey turtleneck, and a black fedora to cover my hair up. I got to Y/n's house and knocked. "Hello. Do I know you?" Y/n's mother asked, looking at me. "You surely do Mrs. L/n." I smiled taking the sunglasses off to show her my silver eyes which she knew very well. "Louis. It's been so long! How are you? Come in, come in!" She smiled. "Thank you Mrs. L/n." I said. "Is Y/n around?" I asked. "No, she's at school. Though I doubt she'll be happy to see you." Mrs. L/n frowned. "Why?" I gave her a confused glance. "Every time there's news about you, we tell her and she just scowls. I feel like she think's that you've forgotten her already." She replied sadly. "Then, I'll tell her that I never did. Our communication only got cut off because my mother wanted me to focus on my future, not my past. Do you mind if I stay here until she gets back?" I asked her hopefully. "Of course. Make yourself at home Louis." She smiled. "If you need me, I'll be in the kitchen." I nodded a thank you to her an looked at Lancelot.

Time skip...

Y/n's POV

I got home to see a boy, around my age sitting on the chair holding a guitar. He didn't notice me. "This is for you Y/n." He whispered. I gasped mentally knowing the voice. It was Louis. I wanted to be mad, but I couldn't find hatred in my heart. Just sadness. He then started singing a song I knew by heart.

Do you remember when I said I'd always be there.
Ever since we were ten, baby.
When we were out on the playground playing pretend.
Didn't know it back then.
Now I realize you were the only one
It's never too late to show it.
Grow old together,
Have feelings we had before
Back when we were so innocent
I pray for all your love
Girl our love is so unreal
I just wanna reach and touch you, squeeze you, somebody pinch me
This is something like a movie
And I don't know how it ends girl
But I fell in love with my Best Friend
Through all the dudes that came by
And all the nights that you'd cry.
Girl I was there right by your side.
How could I tell you I loved you
When you were so happy
With some other guy?
Now I realize you were the only one
It's never too late to show it.
Grow old together,
Have feelings we had before
When we were so innocent.
I pray for all your love
Girl our love is so unreal
I just wanna reach and touch you, squeeze you, somebody pinch me
This is something like a movie
And I don't know how it ends girl
But I fell in love with my Best Friend
I know it sounds crazy
That you'd be my baby.
Girl you mean that much to me.
And nothing compares when
We're lighter than air and
We don't wanna come back down.
And I don't wanna ruin what we have
Love is so unpredictable.
But it's the risk that I'm taking, hoping, praying
You'd fall in love with your best friend
I pray for all your love
Girl our love is so unreal
I just wanna reach and touch you, squeeze you, somebody pinch me
This is something like a movie
And I don't know how it ends girl
But I fell in love with my Best Friend
I pray for all your love
Girl our love is so unreal
I just wanna reach and touch you, squeeze you, somebody pinch me
This is something like a movie
And I don't know how it ends girl
But I fell in love with my Best Friend
I remember when I said I'd always be there
Ever since we were ten baby.

"Louis." I said on the verge of tears. "Y/n? You were here the entire time?" He asked as his fedora fell of his head. I picked it up and gave him a quick peck on the lips before putting it on his head. He stood up an pulled me in taking me by surprise. I kissed back after a few seconds. "I thought you had a girlfriend." I chuckled. "I do." He replied. "And she's right here in my arms." "I love you Louis." I murmured nuzzling his head in my chest.

~I will Cherish you till my last breath~