Like My Father

(Nikkel x Reader)

Nikkel's POV

I was sitting in the crowd beside my wife, Y/n. We have been together for years now. We were at our daughter, Adora, performance at school. "This is for my parents, who did everything to make sure I had a bright future." Adora smiled, spotting me and her mother in the crowd

I wanna come home to roses
And dirty little notes on post its
And when hair starts turning grey
He'll say I'm like fine wine better with age
I guess learned it from my parents
A true love starts with a friendship
A kiss on the forehead, a date night
Fake an apology after a fight
I need a man who's patient and kind
Who get's out of the car and holds the door
I wanna slow dance in living room like
We're 18 at senior prom and grow
Old with someone who makes me feel young
I need a man who loves me like
My father loves my mom

I wanna road trip in the summers

I wanna make fun of each other

I wanna rock out to Billy Joel
And flip our kids off when they call us old
He'll accidentally burn our dinner
And let me be the scrabble winner
And when my body changes shape, he'll say "Oh my god you look hot today"
I need a man who's patient and kind
Who get's out of the car and holds the door
I wanna slow dance in the living room like
We're 18 at senior prom and grow
Old with someone who makes me feel young
I need a man who loves me like
My father loves my mom
If he lives up to my father
Maybe he could teach our daughter
What it takes to love a queen
She should know she's royalty
I need a man who's patient and kind
Who get's out of the car and holds the door
I wanna slow dance in the living room like
We're 18 at senior prom and grow
Old with someone who makes me feel young
I need a man who loves me like
My father loves my mom
I need a man who loves me like my father loves my mom

I was slightly laughing when I heard the part with 'We'll flip our kids off when they call us old' but all in all, the song was really sweet. I grabbed Y/n's hand and squeezed it and she returned the gesture. When they announced the winner, it was Adora in first place. I was so proud of our daughter. She has her mother's voice. Both me and Y/n hugged her tight. "I'm proud of you, Adora." I smiled. "I think someone's going to ask you something sweetheart." Y/n let go and so did I, showing Louis and our friend Cora's son, Excalibur. "Do you think I could ever be that man, Adora?" Excalibur asked giving our daughter a rose with a note attached to it, smiling with as small wink before walking away. Adora was left a blushing mess, but read the note. 

Dearest Adora, 

                     I have fallen for the way you laugh, sing and smile. I'm sure you are meant you be treated like a queen and nothing would make me happier than becoming your king. May I ask if you will come to the Winter Dance with me?

                                                                       Only the truest words,

                                                                Excalibur de Broglie

"How sweet, what are you going to tell him Adora?" Y/n asked. "I'm going with Excalibur to the Winter Dance." Adora said boldly. We all headed home for the night. Me and Y/n got to bed and I pulled her close to my chest. "Nikkel, I think our daughter has finally found love." She smiled resting her hand beside my own. I watched as our matching rings shone in the light. "I'm so glad that she has. And if they end up like us, at least we'll be related to Louis and Cora, right?" I joked as she faced me. "Yeah. Thank you Nikkel. For everything." My wife put her forehead on mine. "No. Thank you, for coming into my life. I'm so glad I met you that day, Y/n." Smiling, we both fell asleep.

949 words in one night? I'm dreaming right? Right? Now on to what I need to say. I have been doing a lot of arts and crafts trying to make my room into a wannabe winter wonderland. I have a talent show coming up so I don't actually have time. It's coming up this January and I'm panicking. I've never had so much stress on my shoulders so I hope everyone understands! I have insomnia and it is very hard to get some sleep. I always end up having to force myself to stay in bed but then I wanna start writing on this account again. I swear. I will fall asleep in school one day and I will get in trouble because of this. I don't go to a normal traditional school. I go to a Montessori school and I also have to work with the United Nations because of school so yeah. I got a lot of stress. I just finished my first proposition paper and now I have to do the second. I'm putting all my panics here so I won't get a panic attack. I'm gonna keep typing till I feel sleeping and satisfied enough. I want sleep so badly right now. SO BADLY. Listen. I love my sleep more than my own laptop. Thirty minutes of sleep is better than meeting Ariana Grande, Bella Poarch, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Mr. Beast, Charlie Puth, Marshmello, AND Meghan Trainor all at the same time right now for me. I'm sleepy enough now so good night! See ya next week or maybe next year!

PS: It's funny how so much of this is my typing about my worries