Ch. 1 ♡

"I've just seen a face. I can't forget the time or place, where we just met." -The Beatles, I've Just Seen A Face

I finished cleaning the last table and sighed. I straightened my back and began stretching.

I'm not even twenty and I already have back problems, I thought to myself.

Someone bumped into me and laugh, causing me to drop the cleaning supplies.

"You dropped that," One of my co-workers, Matt, pointed at the fallen box.

"Because you pushed me!" I yelled and punched him on the arm. I bent down and picked them, placing them behind the counter.

"I'm joking," Matt laughed. "Sorry."

I smiled and rolled my eyes, flipping the sign on the door that read "OPEN" to "CLOSED."

"See you at school," I waved at Matt and walked to my car.

Typically on a Saturday, I would be driving from a party half drunk and giggly, but instead I was driving from an ice cream shop smelling like bleach.

I started up the car and began driving out of the parking lot. I turned up the radio and turned left. While I did, I saw something- someone- bump into my car.

"Oh my god!" I screamed and opened my door, rushing to the person.

It was guy about my age, he was lying down on the ground clutching his stomach.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" I said and pulled out my phone. "I'll call the ambulance."

"No-" He said. "I'm okay."

"I just ran over you with my car! You are not okay!"

He groaned in pain, "I don't need the ambulance."

I rubbed my face in frustration and frantically looked around for Matt or anyone else passing by.

"I'll take you to the hospital myself then," I said and helped him up. I put his arm around my shoulder and walked him over to the passenger seat, then ran over to mine and started up the ignition as fast as I could.

The guy looked over at me and began to stare. "You're really pretty."

I glared over at him, "seriously? You're starting conversation when you just got hit by a car. Specifically my car."

He held out his hand and flashed a smile, "Sammy Wilkinson."

"I'm not going to do this. We need to-"

"Well, I figure you owe me at least something since you did hit me with your car," Sammy smirked and waved his hand in front of me.

I sighed and shook it. "I'm Blair Wesley."

Sammy laughed. "See? A two second introduction didn't kill me."

"Oh my god, you're probably internally bleeding by now." I started up the ignition again and made my way to the hospital.

"I feel fine, but I've never been hit by a car before so I wouldn't know."

"Why would you even keep walking when a car is about to turn!"

"You were fixing your car radio," Sammy adjusted himself in his seat. "This is your fault. You're suppose to yield to pedestrians."

I shook my head and ignored what he said. I couldn't feel even more guilty.

I stopped in front of the hospital, unlocked the doors, and turned off the ignition.

"Come on," I said to Sammy and helped him up.

We walked into the hospital, both of us struggling to walk.

"We've got something!"

A group of men and women helped Sammy onto a gurney, taking him away to the emergency room.

I turned around to walk back to my car, but someone grabbed my arm.

"Miss, I need you to fill out some information before you leave." A lady with short, straight blonde hair said.

"I can't I-" I started. The guilt came back, making me want to jump off a cliff for almost leaving. I sighed, "what do I have to do?"

The lady handed me stack of papers and walked back to her desk. I blew a piece of hair out of my face as I sat down.

I found myself in a complete mess.

{A/N:} I FINALLY STARTED THE SECOND BOOK

but I won't update as fast as I did as DCD (Dear Cameron Dallas) because I posted that one completed.

but what do you guys think?

-Author💋