Ch.1

Ding dong.
"Ugh, can You get it?" I asked my older brother Derek.
" nope," he responded while on his phone, parked on the couch.
I guess that means I have to go get it. I dragged myself over to the door and answered it. It was my neighbor Lucas. He goes to my school.
"Hey!" He hesitated.
" uuhh, hey?" I said confused.
" um I know we aren't exactly like friends, but I could sure use a favor!" He exclaimed.
What could he possible want from me? "what?"
"uhh, okay, um, I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend!" he rushed.
I looked at him and snorted a laugh. " me? Is this some sort of a joke?" I looked around to see if this was some sort of prank.
" no, no, I Lied to my friends and told them I had a girlfriend and now they want proof! Please?" he asked.
I can't believe Lucas was practically begging me for my help. He could of asked someone else.
" Why me? I'm sure any girl would love to pretend to be your girlfriend. you can ask someone else?" I said.
" well you're closest," he said.
" I'm sure your friends will laugh once they see I'm your girlfriend. You could do better." I said.
" No? You're pretty? They'll buy it!" he persisted.
I can't believe Lucas Ramirez said that I was pretty. I didn't even think anyone paid any attention to me. Lucas was popular and the fact that he said I was pretty makes me wonder why Ive been single all my life. Oh yah, I don't talk to people. I was always in the back and if I ever was invited to go to a party , I'd be the wallflower. I was just so unapproachable. Yet, here Lucas was, trying to get me to be his fake girlfriend. People don't even want to be my friend!
After a pause he said "well?"
I woke up from my thoughts. "sure," I shrugged.
"Great," he said while grabbing my arm and dragging me toward his house. He took me into an office room. He grabbed an expo and started writing on the white board. He was very serious about this.
" So you know how your like anti-social and stuff...?" he said while uncapping the expo.
"Hey!" I said offended. But, he was right. I sighed " and..."
" It needs to change! you have to hang with me all the time! And, and act like you like me! Do't even think about going shy on me! we need to sell this!" he preached.
I was bored. " how long do I have to do this?"
He scratched his head " like a month?" he muttered.
I rolled my eyes. " seriously?"
"come on this could be good for you! you can get out of that little shell of yours!" he persuaded.
I pouted " maybe I like my shell?"
"Focus! he snapped. He was writing down some rules I had to follow.
" one. be affectionate. two. Always be with me. three. be social," he continued.
" damn, this sound like a lot of commitment. Why did I say I'd help you? in my head I said oh its just pretend. no, I'm practically your girlfriend. I don't want to be!" I complained.
" wait? you wouldn't want to be my girlfriend?" he questioned. "whatever, It doesn't matter."
I'm still trying to figure out why me? He could of asked someone else. I sat quietly as he talked. stared at him even. He had light brown eye and tan skin. His hair was so dark it could be black. He was a soccer player, and overall, he looked good. How did I find myself here, talking to him?
" you like what you see?" he snapped trying to wake me up. I rolled my eyes. He walked over to me and kissed me. I froze and backed away.
" i knew it," he said.
" what? and what was that!?" i managed to say.
" i was getting that over with now because I felt like when we went public you would of done the same thing. You can't act surprised! act like you like me! Kiss me again," he suggested.
"what is this? What have I gotten myself in too?" I said. That was my first kiss. Yah it was a pop kiss but he asked me to kiss him again. I didnt know how. I just slouched over shyly.
" oh who am I kidding? This isn't going to work!" He stressed.
" no I can do it," I promised.
He sighed " alright, let's do this thing!"