Ch.12

Noah's POV

I was really excited for that concert tomorrow. When I told Derek about it he seemed really happy for me. He knows I've been dying to go to this concert. Music means so much to me! It's the way to my heart for sure! I guess Lucas figured out my weakness.
Allen requested to FaceTime me when I was in my room chilling. I was picking out the outfit I would wear in ludovico's genius presence. I went over to my desk and press answer on my screen.
"Hey Allen! I miss you!" I sounded desperate. He's finally talking to me!
"Yah, I miss you too, Noah" he admitted. "What have you been up to?"
I responded with a smirk "just working on my music like always! And you?"
"Song writing... They are kind of inspired by you noah" he opened.
I blushed but I tried to not make this Into a deep conversation. I wanted my best friend back first. "oooo, we need to collab our music again! We can do duets like We did in the old days!" I laughed.
"Yah sure! How about I come over tomorrow?" He said excited to have finally made plans with me.
I awkwardly said " I can't...."
He looked confused " why not?"
I looked down " I kinda already made plans...."

"Let me guess?" He sassed. "Lucas?! ....And you had me telling myself that I was the problem?! Here I am trying to make us work but you already have plans! This is what I was afraid of Noah! I'm not trying to get my heart broken! I'm not into that stuff."

"Ugh, Allen! You get so jealous!" I said.

"No! At this point I'm angry. You sure know how to fool me!" He muttered.

"No, Allen! He's taking me to the ludovico concert! How could I say no? We can make plans next week! I promise! I miss my best friend!"

He sighed in stress " I know how much you love ludovico's music. I'm happy for you.. Getting to see him perform, but Noah that's how it works. He making moves on you and I'm afraid it was a good one. I can't compete with it. I told you already we weren't meant to be together!"

" trust me after what he did to me I think it's Ganna be real hard for him to win me over," I reassured.

"What did he do?!" He said anxiously.
"Nothing Allen!" I responded.

" I see... Now we're keeping secrets from each other?!" He argued.
I rolled my eyes. He gets so jealous and angry. I don't even really take him seriously anymore.

" goodbye Allen I love you." I said.
He made a face at me "👿😐😏👅 yah yah yah sure. Love you too!"

_______________

I heard the front door bang open. With This particular bang I knew it was my father. I got chills. Derek rushed upstairs to me.
" tell him it's a class trip! " he reminded. I followed his smart instruction.
" hey dad? Remember my chorus class is going on a weekend trip up in Los Angeles tomorrow?" I told.
"A whole weekend?" Derek whispered in judgement.
My dad looked confused. That was the great thing, though. He's never home and is always drunk, so he couldn't remember if I told him something like that before. He always assumed this stuff happens when he's not paying attention.

He scratched his head " uhhh? Yah! Do you need any money?"
"Sure!" I said. He walked away to go watch tv down stairs.
Derek turned to me and looked in judgement "you can't spend the whole weekend with Lucas! I'm not letting you!"
"Your not the boss of me remember! I'm not ganna be in a car for two hours just to go and come back. I might as well stay awhile and see stuff!"

"I get scared thinking about you guys in the same hotel room! Where are you going to sleep?!" He questioned.
"Not with him! Maybe I can get my own room?!" I pointed out.
Derek slapped his forehead. "Trust me, that won't happen! I'm a boy you know. I know how Lucas thinks! He will do anything to get you in bed and I'm not ganna let that happen to my little sister!"
"Derek. Really? Calm down, okay. I'm not as stupid as the girls you sleep with." I said making this about him.
" ugh! Reanne is just a friend!" Derek said.
"She's been over to much!" I said.
Reanne is a whole other tale. I don't like to mention her. She used to tease me for being a loner. Derek wouldn't admit it to me but I know he really likes her. He always wonders why I talk negative about her, but I would never tell him why. Besides, she is slightly nicer to me now that she is hanging out with my brother. If Derek found out how she treated me, he would stop talking to her, than act all distantly sad about it because he'd regret it. AND I WANT MY BROTHER TO BE HAPPY😩! Therefore i choose to keep quiet.

"Don't make this about me, okay. Just promise me you'll be good?" He plead.
"I was already planning on it," I said.