Ch.21

Lately school has been different. It doesn't feel like a good different tho. Everyone usually ignored me but now everyone was staring at me. I was apprehensively opening my locker to put my books inside. Even then I felt little eyes and whispering mouths behind me.
"Noah?" Someone said with a mellow voice.
It was Allen.
"Allen? Hey.. How've you been?" I asked. It sucks but talking to him has been awkward lately.
"I'm good. Good as it gets... Listen I don't like that we are growing distant and I just didn't want you to go ghost on me," he said.
I shrugged my shoulders, " I mean I don't want that either but the way you've been acting is to much to handle. I mean it's just confusing. I don't know what you want?"
"I want us to be friends and I want you to be happy. Can we please make up know?" He begged.
"Yah, yah I would like that," I smiled.
Allen walked me to class and we talked a little outside. It was nice feeling like we would work it out.

-------------------
Lucas met me at lunch. He sat down with his food and started talking.
"So you know Peter right? Right. Okay so
He is throwing this super awesome party apparently. And I think we should totally go. It's going to really fun. I know parties probably aren't your thing or anything but everyone's invited. We can meet a bunch of different people! I think it would help your shy thing you have going for you. Plus, I'll be there with you."
"Do you think Allen was invited?" I asked.
"Everyone is invited. But why do u care so much if Allen goes?" He asked.
"Lucas, stop. He's my best friend. I'm sorry but you can't make that change. I've known him for along time. You to just have to get along," I said.
"Noah, he likes you! I can't have him to close and I can't leave you alone with him or else he'll make a move!" He said.
I got a little angry, "stop! The only reason we are together is to make him jealous remember?! You can't keep him away from me. He ja my best friend!"
I toon my tray and started to leave.
He grabbed my arm, " Noah... Wait.."
I tugged my arm away.
He followed me, " oh come on, you know that's not true... You can't tell me deep down you don't know this is real. Noah, this is so real to me!"
" I have to go. Please give me so space to think..." I said.
------
When I got home I said hello to my brother and my sober dad. I ran up stairs and the first thing I did was call Allen on FaceTime.
"Hey Allen!" I cheered.
"Hey, thanks for calling," he smiled. I noticed that he was with Peyton. "What's up?"
"I was wondering if you were going to Peters party Friday night?"I asked.
"I was thinking about it. Peyton.. Really wanted to go. You're going?" He responded.
"Yah. Yah, Lucas thinks it would be great for me," I said.
"I bet," he sasses.
"Allen, get off the phoneee, cuddle with me," I heard Peyton groan.
Allen said he had to go and I hung up.
There was a knock on my door. It was Derek.
"Hey, can I talk to you?" He said while making his way to my bed. "I wanted to let you know that I broke up with Reanne.."
"What? Why?" I questioned.
"I know why you don't like her. The story is funny actually. She was like super drunk and called me asking for a ride. She started saying all this stuff. It was mean. Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.
"I want you to be happy! I didn't want to get in the way of that. You looked happy so.." I said
"Noah," he put his hands on my shoulder, " I could never be happy with someone that treats you horrible. I love you more than any girlfriend I could have. You're my sister."
I smiled and gave him a hug. I promised I would tell him what's going on in my life from now on. And I will. Well most of it anyway.