Ch.4

"hey, when ever I ask you to go to the carnival you say no!" Allen said angrily.
We were eating lunch in the cafeteria. It was a stupid Monday. Allen was yelling at me for getting involved with Lucas, the popular kid. Allen was my only friend and my best friend. He was the only person I have ever opened up to. I was comfortable around him. Pretty much, allen was the only person I was normal around.
"I was undercover! duh?" I joked.
Allen twitched his eye "why did you even agree to go 'undercover'," he asked making bunny ears with his fingers.
I rolled my eyes " you're just jealous!"
"whaa, am not!" he fought. I threw my food away. Allen followed me like a fly. GO AWAY! " Allen, relax! Its not like we aren't going to hang out anymore?" I said.
"you're kidding right? You didn't answer any of my texts or calls because you were to busy with McDreamy!" he teased. The bell rung. "this isn't over Thompson!" he hollered. Jeez!
My next class was math. Peter was in my class. I sat in the back like usual except Peter decided to sit next to me. Oh lord, why?
"hey!" he motioned.
"Hey? ... Why are you sitting next to me?" I said shyly.
"I wanted to get to know my boy's girl," he said.
"How long have you two been together?" He asked. I panicked. Lucas never went over this. I made up a time. "about two months," I responded.
"Oh thats cool. I've been dating Laura for 8 months now. I think we are going to be together a while," He said. I kind of just nodded my head. I wasn't really in the talking mood. Then again, I never was. "ehh, I give him like a month," i joked. He started to crack up. He knew I was kidding, only because I was the best actress 💁. But in all seriousness, what ever was between Lucas and I would only Last a month.
"you're funny! honestly, Before you seemed quiet.... and kind of mean..." he confessed.
"Hey! I'm not mean?" I whined. I lightly pushed his arm.
He held up his hands in surrender. " I'm sorry but when ever I try to talk to you, you just turn the other way!"
"I do?" I wondered.
"Yah, I guess Lucas never gave up on you. He must really like you!" he said. I just looked down for a second. He didn't actually like me. " Yah, totally."
"He said you guys are hanging out after school," he mentioned. I didn't know about this. Lucas never said to stay after school and hang out. I had homework! I went along. "Yah, he wanted me to watch him at soccer practice."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I started walking up the bleachers. Lucas saw me and waved. He kicked the soccer ball in the goal and jogged over to me. He was a little sweaty.
"Thanks for the heads up," I said.
"Peter beat me to it," he stressed.
"Oh and by the way we've been dating for two months. Peter," I mentioned. He shook his head in an understanding.
"I need your phone number I guess?" he asked. " To let each other know about these things so we won't get caught."
I gave him my phone number. Yes! He went back to practice. He was one of the captains of the varsity team. To me, he seemed like the best player there. Although, I don't watch sports, so I wouldn't know. I had my back pack on my lap. I rested my head on my palm. Sigh. He kicked the ball in between max's legs and he made a shot on goal. The boys on the team were 'ooing'. I didn't understand why. Lucas looked back at me to see if I was watching. I was unimpressed. He looked upset. I wasn't really impressed with anything? He shouldn't get upset. He fist pumped Henry and Ran over to me.
"what's wrong?" he asked.
"I don't know. I guess it's hot out," I responded. He suggested I take my sweater off. I couldn't.
"No!" I demanded as he took off my sweater for me. It was to late. He looked at my arms. He was overwhelmed with worry.
"Noah?" He tried to get words out of his mouth. " I don't understand. Why?" He cared.
I tugged my arm out of his lock. "Its none of your business!"
I started walking away. He grabbed me. "Noah, please! This is bad for you! Promise you'll stop!"
" I have to go," i started motioning to leave. I snatched my sweaters from his hand. He just stood there.
I had burns all over me. I can admit that I do have a problem. I mean it was bad. Even when it hurt I just screamed in pain and never stopped. I couldn't really explain why. I already feel enough harm. It wasn't necessary to add to it. If Derek caught me, he would try and stop me. Once, I accidentally burn his hand. I remember him shouting, "Noah, you can burn me all you want, but don't burn yourself!" I never understood why he cared that much. He screamed in pain, yet all he cared about was me. We weren't blood. He was my step brother. When I was 11 my mom married his dad. My biological father passed away when I was 8, so I supported this idea of a new family. At first Derek and I didn't get along. He always told me what to do, but he was just protecting me. When My mom passed away last year, my step father,Michael, got addicted to alcohol. I don't really like to talk about what its like living as an orphan in their house.
I guess that's why I did it. When I felt to much emotional pain I thought physical pain would make it go away. Trust me, that way it hurts much less. Feelings are a fickle bitch.