ii. the big game

GREEK TRAGEDY ::  ii

GREEK TRAGEDY
::  ii. | the big game

Brooke approached Ashely and Lucas with Peyton. Lucas immediately knew that was his cue to exit. He usually doesn't stick around for girl chat and he barley knows Brooke and Peyton. The blonde turned her head towards her two friends who looked very anxious, well mostly brooke and slightly excited.

"Hi." Brooke began, "So I have a favor to ask."

"Oh god." Ashely mumbles as she faces Brooke, "What now?"

Brooke's eyes grew wide with more excitement, "So we're short on cheerleaders and I was hoping you could fill in?" She saw Ashely's face, "I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't so desperate."

Ashely sighed, "I can't. Listen I can shake my ass and hips to a good song any day. But pom poms and an outfit? No. Just . . no."

"There's no one else!" Brooke exclaimed.

"Well . . " Peyton unfolds her arms, "There's Ryland. She has experience and can do a split way better than Ash."

Brooke shook her head, "No way. Absolutely, not."

"There's nothing else we can do Brooke." Peyton exclaimed as she glanced at Ashely then back to Brooke, waiting for an answer.

The burnette sighed, "Fine. But you're asking." With that, Brooke walked away. She wanted nothing to do with Ryland. She hated the idea of them working together but it was the only option now.

Ashely pointed Peyton in the direction of Ryland, so she could go track her down and do Brooke's dirty work. She never understood the beef between Ryland and Brooke, it never made any sense. Peyton was always so curious about their history but Brooke never talks about it and she assumed neither does Ryland.

Peyton headed the way Ashely pointed, which was down the hall and a turn to the right. Luckily, she saw the blonde talking with that tutor girl. Peyton didn't want to interrupt, so she waited by the fountain till they were done.

After a moment or so, Peyton finally looked up from her phone and saw Ryland now heading the other direction from her locker. Peyton ran up beside her, catching the blonde off guard.

"We need to talk." Peyton matched the same pace as her. She assumed Ryland was heading to her next class and she didn't want to be late.

"Brooke's making you do her bidding?"

"You can say that." Peyton was just about to continue and ask her if she could help but Ryland abruptly stopped in her tracks and turned to Peyton.