xviii. im flattered but -

GREEK TRAGEDY ::  xviii

GREEK TRAGEDY
:: xviii. | im flattered but ——

"I hate math class." Anna plopped on Ryland's bed, laying down next to her in the early morning.

Ryland mumbled, "Me too."

Just like Ryland, Anna's eyes were towards the ceiling, "Where's your head at?"

"Only Ashely." The blonde sighed, "I just want to make things right."

Anna saw a small smile crept up Ryland's lips just for a moment, "Ok, I saw that!" Anna sat up, "Tell me, please!"

Ryland immediately shook her head, "It's nothing."

Anna just shrugged, "Fine, whatever." She then quickly mumbled, "But you totally like someone and im gonna figure who out."

Ryland playfully rolled her eyes as she sat up, "Good luck with that."

The two then proceeded to chat a bit more, then eventually left Ryland's house to stop by Karen's Cafe before heading to school.

As soon as they got to school, the two immediately separated, heading in different directions. Anna went to find her boyfriend, Chad and Ryland just went to head to her locker.

She didn't want to admit it, but lately she's been feeling like she's losing important people. For example, Jay, Lucas, Peyton, Jake, and Ashely. She wasn't close with Peyton, but it felt like to her, there was potential. Now Jay is back on drugs and she can only see him spiraling again. Lucas fucked over one of her friends and she feels guilty and bad that she hid it from Ashely, even though her heart was in the right place. Don't get her started on Jake . . . getting over him again, felt like a punch to the gut.

All while she's dealing with something personal and the one person she can talk to about it with, hates her right then. Ryland felt as if she was drowning and she didn't know how to swim to the surface ——— she needed help, but first things first, was to get in Ashely's good graces again.

Which was brooke's whole plan . . . hopefully.

• • •

Just when lunch rolled around, Brooke was the first to sit next to Ryland at one of the many tables in the courtyard. She sat on the table while Ryland tossed around her food on the tray with her plastic fork.

"Hey, hey." Brooke broke a small piece of Ryland's brownie, presumed eating it.

"I was going to eat that you know."