xix. boy toy night

GREEK TRAGEDY ::  xix

GREEK TRAGEDY
::  xix. | boy toy night

Today was the annual charity event at the school where the boys auction themselves off to the highest bidder, resulting in a date till midnight. As far as most girls knew, a lot of boys were attending ——— including Lucas, Nathan, skills, Jake, Jay, Felix, Chad, and mouth.

Everyone was excited and even more so Brooke because this night was kind of her thing and she was letting Ryland know just that.

She was hanging at Ryland's with her after school in Ryland's room. The two catching up and discussing boy toy night, as well as brooke saying how there's going to be tons of drama while Ryland's in denial.

"So, who are you bidding on tonight?" Brooke nudged Ryland.

"No one. I have no interest but to support my friends."

Brooke looked at her oddly, "Bidding is supporting, you know."

Ryland rolled her eyes, "I'm not trying to go on a date with Jake, Brooke. Not after what happened." She let out a quick sigh, "Besides, kind of been interested in someone else lately."

Brooke's head turned towards Ryland eagerly, "Really? Who?"

Ryland's eyes met Brooke's, "Y-you don't know them." She never saw Brooke's eyes so up close before and how pretty hazel they were.

Brooke gave her a small grin before turning her head back in the direction ahead of her, leaving Ryland's eyes just lingering on her for a moment more and all the blonde could think about was how beautiful the burnette was in that moment.

Day by day, Ryland's crush on Brooke only grew and she wasn't against it. The only thing stopping her from coming clean is rejection and having Ashely to talk about it with, since she was the only one who knew of her questioning. No one really knew of Ryland's crush, except Ryland. For now, she was ok with that.

Brooke got off the bed, "Felix's been growing on me, so . . we'll see. I'm gonna get back to change, I'll see you tonight." Brooke began heading out the house as Ryland laid back on her bed.

She just hopes tonight will be drama free.

• • •

The auditorium was packed out. So many girls lounging around, excited for what's to come. Brooke, Ryland, and Haley were at one table while Alexa and Anna were at another waiting for Ashely. Peyton was basically free floating, no one hasn't really forgiven her yet.