xiv. double dog dare ya, part 2

GREEK TRAGEDY ::  xiv

GREEK TRAGEDY
:: xiv. | double dog dare ya, part 2

Everyone dispersed into groups, boys on one side and girls on the other. The boys consisted of Nathan & Chad, Lucas & Jay, skills & fergie, Felix & Tim. The girls, it was Alexa & Haley, Ashely & Peyton, Ryland & Brooke. Though the teams were separated by boys and girls, the point was to finish as many dares as possible, so the best way was to separate into teams within teams.

Soon enough, each were given a location and clues. Just like that, everyone was off to follow clues after Felix lastly mentioned that they all meet back up at Karen's Cafe around midnight.

Brooke and Ryland took their first clue and followed it to a restaurant somewhere in Tree Hill. The card said to enjoy an evening dinner. It was questionable at first but nonetheless, did what the card said.

The blonde and burnette both were seated a table, given two menus.

Brooke picked her's up and began scanning her eyes over the suggestions. After a minute or so, she slightly lowered the menu down and peeked at Ryland, whose eyes were glued to the menu.

"Did you ask for me?"

Ryland lowered the menu from in front of her face, "Just because you gave me some motivational speech earlier, doesn't mean I wanted to be partnered with you."

Brooke kind of felt a slight sting to the chest. It's not that she wanted Ryland to say that she wanted to be partnered with her but along those lines, she did maybe want to be friends with her.

Maybe.

All of that hatred and going back and forth, only made Brooke eventually realize how stupid it was and that Ryland is actually a genuine person. Therefore, what happened between them back then didn't matter. It was a long time ago and they were just children.

After a couple more minutes looking through the menu, the waiter finally came and the two girls ordered their drinks as well as their dinners.

• • •

As the girls were working on their dare, Lucas and Jay were in the locker room of some building trying to find the right locker because that locker held their next instructions. Eventually, the two stumbled upon said locker and soon opened it after Lucas read the combination to Jay.

Jay reached his hand in and pulled out a pink laced bra with a note attached to it.

"What the fuck is this?"