ix. still into you

GREEK TRAGEDY ::  ix

GREEK TRAGEDY
::  ix. | still into you

Lucas and Ashely had Ryland to thank because they were finally going on their first date after school. He found time for them which was way early before he had to get his mom from the airport. She had gone to Italy not too long ago to follow her dreams, leaving Lucas under the authority of his uncle Keith.

Ashely didn't mind though, she was just happy to be moving into the next steps pass friends with Lucas. She obviously still had to talk to her brother about it, but that was far from her mind then because her attention was focused on Ryland.

She approached her best friend from behind, placing her hands over her eyes.

"Guess who?"

Ryland lightly chuckled as she turned around, "I'm sure I know your voice quite well now."

Ashely had the biggest smile on, "I don't know what you said to him, but thank you. I was nervous about him and Peyton. I really do like him a lot."

"I know." Ryland sighed, "Don't worry about Peyton. I hear she's over him but full disclosure cause you're my best friend —— I'm not sure if Lucas is over her though."

Ashely's smile faded, "So im second?"

Ryland practically gasped, "No! You are number one and if he doesn't see that, then maybe Lucas isn't the one for you."

"Well to be honest, you did push him my way. Apparently he needed help with that. So what does that tell you?"

"He's a confused boy and unlike Peyton, you have him in your clutch. It's time to seal the deal, my friend." Ryland gave her a reassuring smile.

As the two continued to chat, Brooke approached them with a bright smile. She seemed a lot cheerier that morning. And to Ashely's surprise, tolerance was passed between Ryland and Brooke. Neither of them shared any hurtful, horrible comments to tear each other down.

That could go either two ways. Brooke knows something she shouldn't or the two actually, kind of, might be slowly getting along for a change. But the real question was . . .

How long was it going to stick?

• • •

As lunch rolled around, Ryland went to go meet Jake in the gym. He told her he wanted to talk about what happened between them, which she was ecstatic about. Her view is that maybe after the talk and a little bit more talk, he could be her boyfriend again by the end of the day.