xi. laughter is for the weak

GREEK TRAGEDY ::  xi

GREEK TRAGEDY
:: xi. | laughter is for the week
( flashbacks will be in italics )

Ryland woke up on top of coffee table with a major headache and the funny part is ——— she's not a drinker or partier. So why the hell was she at Nathan's beach house at seven in the morning on a Tuesday?

However, she wasn't the only one there. She saw a couple of people leaving as her head slowly rose up. Eventually, Ryland finally made the effort into getting off the table even though it was a bit of a struggle. She made her way out the door and then stumbled on the steps, plopping down.

She pulled out her phone and scrolled through her contacts, looking to find Ashely. Just when she was about to give her best friend a ring, Brooke came stumbling outside. She plopped down right next to the blonde.

"I didn't take you for much of a partier." Brooke glanced her way with a groggy tone.

"Neither did I." Ryland pressed Ashely's name before holding the phone to her ear.

She asked if she could swing by and pick her up and explain a little of why she needs to be picked up even though Ryland doesn't remember much of last night. After glancing Brooke's way, she also mentioned that Brooke needed a ride too.

Soon after, the call was ended and the two continued to sit on the porch, waiting for Ashely to arrive. And after about twenty minutes, she did. She pulled up in Chad's car, parking in the driveway. Ashely got out the car and approached her two friends who were still out of it.

Ryland looked up, sun blazing in her eyes, "What the hell happened to your face?"

"Peyton." Ashely nonchalantly spoke, "We got into it last night, remember?"

Brooke and Ryland both looked at each other, then back to Ashely before shaking their heads.

• • •

Everyone was at Nathan's party, it was always a must go. This one wasn't after a game, it was just a simple party. Everyone was drinking, dancing, making out, beer pong, a regular high school party.

Even though Ryland didn't want to go, Ashely always found a way to convince her to get out her comfort zone.

After the two walked in, they immediately went their separate ways. Ryland went to find Jake and Ashely went to find Lucas.

Soon everyone was doing their own thing, partying wherever in the house.

However, with Jake, Ryland found him on the balcony. He had a red cup in his hand as he watched over all the guests below having a good time.