Chapter 10 - A Caring Mate

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Harriet cuddled her newborn son while Tom assisted her with the delivery of the afterbirth.

She groaned quietly as the final bit of the birthing process ended.

The sound caused Tom to frown in sympathy for his darling.

During his career as a healer, he had watched and helped omegas give birth many times before, but somehow, he had never developed quite as much respect for the mother as he had while he had witnessed Harriet endure the ordeal.

A short while later, Tom had Harriet clean and dry in her favourite nightgown as she rested comfortably in her nest.

The little baby had been diapered, clothed, and swaddled before he slept peacefully in her arms.

Tom gave Harriet one more sweet kiss before he ventured out into the living room.

Isabelle looked up immediately once he stepped from the hall as she asked, "Is Mummy feeling better now?!"

"Yes, little one." Tom grinned at the child, "Your Mummy's feeling much better now.......and your little brother is waiting to meet you."

He chuckled at the happy smile that cracked across Isabelle's face as she leapt to her feet and bounded past him into Harriet's bedroom.

Tom strode over to the doorway and watched with a quiet smirk as Harriet proudly introduced her pups to one another.

He marveled at the radiance of her complexion and the vibrant sparkle in her emerald eyes, despite the trials of childbirth.

It made Tom's heart race to watch Harriet as an attentive, kind mother while Isabelle gently climbed into her nest to cuddle with her and the baby.

His smirk widened as he imagined Harriet showing his own children the same sweet devotion one day.

—————————————————————

Many omegas only dreamed of having such solid support from a dominant alpha like Tom in the days that immediately followed a birth.

Although the child Harriet had delivered had not been his own flesh and blood, few people would have known any differently as Tom donated each available second to look after Harriet, Isabelle, and the new baby.

Grudgingly, on the third day after the birth, as Harriet fed her little son at her breast while she sat with Isabelle on the sofa, Tom penned a letter:

Mr. Weasley,

I am writing this letter at the request of your ex-wife. She thought it best to inform you of your son's birth, although I begged to differ. If you can be bothered, please reply with a list of convenient times and dates that will accommodate your schedule. Harriet intends to give you the luxury of meeting your son, a privilege, in my opinion, that you don't deserve.

Tom Marvolo Riddle, Head Healer at St. Mungo's

He looked up with a sigh to stare at his beautiful darling and her two adorable children.

For a moment, Tom allowed himself to forget about the letter.

He fantasized that the red-headed baby at Harriet's breast was his, and that Isabelle had been born the product of an amorous week he and Harriet had shared in the Chamber of Secrets.

As Tom mused through his pleasant daydreams, Harriet glanced over and flashed him a beautiful smile.

His lip curled into a mischievous smirk as he gazed back at his beloved and studied the underlying gratitude she held for him.