Chapter Seven

3rd Person
--------------------------------------------
Year 857
--------------------------------------------

"The 104th cadet core boot camp starts now!" A loud voice booms across the training grounds, "Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Carmadan Keith Shardis. And you will grow to hate me."

"Training is going to be a white-knuckled ride through hell. If I have done my job, you will be waking up in a cold sweat from memories of this place!" Shardis shouts in his loud voice, "they will ignite you for the rest of your lives!"

"Right now your nothing," he continued to shout, "live stock. But over the next three, soul crushing years, you'll learn to take down your own Goliath! Remember this moment when you come face to face with him."

"Because here's where you ask your self, am I a fighter, or am I feed?! Am I going to be ground up to a pulp from boulder size incisors, or am I going to be the one to bite?!" He stops, staring at everyone individually, stopping on a few wary faces.

In matching trainee uniforms, they are in specified lines. With her hair up in a ponytail, Cianna looks at Shardis.

"First row about face!" Shardis yells as he walks through the ordered rows. He starts yelling things like where they are from and why they are here, trying to intimidate the trainees.

"Who are you?!" Shardis screams to a blonde haired boy.

Only the back is visible to the confused cadets. He has blonde hair, straight stance and a lean body.

"Sir," he says loudly as he strongly salutes, "Aspen, Aspen Shreiber."

"Aspen, ash." Cianna but urged to herself as she watched him interact. The general is almost caught off guard by his determination.

"Where are you from?!" Shardis shouts, getting into Ash's face. Ash doesn't even flinch.

"Shiganshina, sir," He says emotionlessly. Gasps echo through the training grounds.

"Quiet!" Shardis yells to the others, hushing them immediately, turning back to Ash, "Now, Cadet Shreiber, why are you here?"

He stays silent as the general looks to him. He waits for a response it of the cadet.

"To kill Titans," Aspen says as a fire alights in his eyes, "To not live under a blanket of fear."

The commander is shocked at his bluntness. He examines the cadet. He's well built, probably strong, and aerodynamic. He nods his head, turning to the second row.

"Second row about face!" Still screaming at people, then Shardis comes to Armin.

"Hey, Moptop!" He stands in front of Armin.

"Sir!" Armin solutes, curling his right fist and placing it over his heart.

"What do they call you, maggot?" He yells, trying to threaten Armin and accomplishing.

"Armin Arlert, from Shiganshina," he starts bravely, "Sir!"

"Wow, seriously?! Why would your parents curse you with such a dumb name?!" Shardis yells.

"It was my grandfather, sir!" Armin yells back.

"Cadet," Shardis leans down into Armin's face threateningly, "Why is a runt like you here?!"

Armin, who looks panicked, closes his eyes tight, saying in a tight voice, "to help humanity overcome the Titans!"

Shardis gets back into his standing position before yelling, "That is delightful to hear," pausing as Armin looks shocked, "Your going to be a great light snack for them!" He grabs Armin's head, forcefully turning it.