Chapter Nineteen

3rd person continued

A warm air surrounds the cadets as steam fills the air if the courtyard.
Cianna's eyes are closed as she lays on the solid ground. Mikasa and Armin are huddled together.

A large ribcage is right above them as muscle surrounds their whereabouts. Steam covers the Titans body from view.

Armin has his legs bent and arms out behind him as he breathes loudly. His panicked eyes flickers to the structured bone walls.

Mikasa kneels next to him, bending her head down low, looking around cautiously. She readies her blades while the large body of the Titan shifts slightly.

The cadets line the rooftops and look in horror. The general widens his eyes but doesn't make any sudden movements.

Mikasa tightens her grip around her blade. She looks over at Armin, who is looking up at the half formed body of the Titan.

"I-it's alive!" One of the soldiers shouts, back away cautiously.

"Captain Gorman!" A garrison guards comes up to the general urgently. The steam clears enough for the Titans eye to be visible. Gasps echo around the courtyard as the general catches sight of the fleshy beast.

"L-lets see what it does," he says to the garrison soldier, never turning away from the Titan. He the shouts, "Everyone, maintain your distance! All squadrons will remain alert! It could strike at any time!"

"Artillery crew," he screams to the cannons squad, "Get that cannon reloaded!"

An unnoticeable twitch surrounds the eye of the Titan. The eye ball rolls into the back of its head. As the eye moves, Eren gasps, waking up. His eyes widen as he notices his surroundings.

He is attached to the flesh of the Titan. He starts pulling out of the tough flesh in panic as the artillery crew reloads. He rapidly shakes his head back and forth as the tendrils of flesh detach from his body.

He pushes his body back with force, breaking the outer layer of flesh, releasing a cloud of steam into the air.

His upper half hangs limply as one his arm is still attached to the Titan. He swings his body back, grabbing onto the muscle and pulling, trying to free his other arm. He roughly pulls it out and sits there.

His lower body is as till attached to the Titan. He peers over the large shoulder blade. His exhausted eyes search the ground below.

"W-what is that," he whispers with labored breathing as he looks at the back the Titans head before him.

Meters below, Armin stays stuck still. He is breathing in deeply to calm himself, though the attempt doesn't work.

"I- I heard them fire the cannon at us," he says shakily as he looks up at the skeletal Titan, "T-then a tremendous crash, and a blast of hot air."

"Apparently," Armin says with panic reflected off his features, "We're now in the innards of a skeleton-."

"Eren did this for us, Armin," Mikasa says quietly as her charcoal orbs flicker to his uncertain ones, "That's all that we need to understand for now."

He looks over at her with his mouth open in shock. Seconds later, he closes it, understanding her reasoning.

'Those flowers weren't there before,' he thought to himself as he looked down. Beautiful, purple flowers spring up in a small area, "How did they-?"

"Armin!" Eren's voice shouts urgently as his feet sprint to find them, "Mikasa! Cia!"

His form becomes viable as he passes though an open space in the ribcage. His pale face finds Mikasa and Armin, then grow wide in urgency.