Chapter Fouteen

I stand on the opposite side of Eren, on the narrow roof top, awaiting our turn to fight Titans.

"Look at it this way guys," Eren says in an almost joking way as Armin and I look over, "It's a golden opportunity."

"I mean," he continues, looking out at the city, "If we prove our worth as soldiers right here, we will rise up through the ranks. Before long we could be leading our own regiment! By passing rookie status all together."

I look at him, wary, "But, wha-," I start.

"Sounds good," Armin cuts me off, "I'm with you all the way." I just nod along, though I have doubts on everyones survival.

"Now, now boys," Mina starts with a hand on her hip, "Your not the only ones in your class, save some glory for the rest of us. You too Cia."

I look down embarrassed. At camp I would usually show off how many Titans dummies I killed that day.

"Good luck beating us to the punch a second time, Eren," Thomas says, "No head starts for you this round."

"Is that a challenge?" I ask to the others.

"Listen up," Thomas leans in, "Whoever kills the most Titans gets bragging rights."

Eren laughs humourlessly, " Better not fudge your scores."

"Squadron 34!" A soldier from the next roof top shouts, "move out! The Vanguard needs support!"

Eren nods, and turns to us. He looks brave, standing in front of us. I am a coward, I am frightened of he horrors that lay ahead.

"Right," Eren yells to us as we stand ready, "Give them hell!" We all release a battle cry, zooming off of the rooftop.

I run on the clanking shingles until I reach the end of the roof. Without stopping, I jump off, using the pressurized air to carry me to the next roof.

I strap my long wires to the sides of building as I speed along, occasionally running on a roof to preserve gas.

The cadets are all close behind me, as I am towards the front. Eren is at the head, with Armin and me beside him.

We zip through the abandoned streets. Wanting to get a better vista of the area, I swoop in low to the ground, pulling myself high into the sky.

"There's so many," I say with a frightened voice, once I land on a roof next to Eren, running. The mass number of Titans trump through out the city. Fires, blood, and Titans are the only words going through my terrified mind.

"The Vanguard has been completely overwhelmed!" Thomas says as he zips along side us, "I can't believe this! Those guys always talk so big!"

"I thought thing would be hairy," Eren mumbles as we jump off of the roof, immediately shooting out our wires, "But this-- this is insane!"

"S-so," I start as I giggle nervously, "I-is that a g-good or bad thing?"

He doesn't answer. He inaudibly gasps.

"We have an abnormal!" He screams to the others, "Pull up!"

The 15 meter abnormal jumps onto the top of a roof, trying to get us. We all pull up as much as we can. I can barely, because my wires are already stuck into a rock pillar.

"No," I mumble, tugging at the release button, "It's not working."

"It's not working!" I scream as the Titan jumps. At the last moment, it works, barely pulling me up in time to miss the titan.

I soar up the steeple, and attach to the roof. I propel myself over there with the pressurized air, but miss it by a few feet. I land on the stone ground, luckily on my knees.

"Cianna!" Armin yells in concern, looking down at me.

"I'm fine," I yell back, "Just a few scrapes, no broken bones."

They nod then look behind me with wide eyes. Their mouths drop open. I turn around cautiously, then I see it.

The blonde, abnormal Titan, has Thomas half in his mouth. Thomas looks at us with blood splattered across his face.

"Help me," he whispers as I start to stand, "oh god guys, help me, please."

Then, the Titan swallows him whole, tilting his head back and snapping his monstrous jaws shut.

"No!" I scream, getting out my swords and getting into position. To run on the cobblestone streets. The Titan stomps away. Eren looks furious.

"You-- you bastard!" He screams, jumping off the roof and immediately attaching his wires to a structure.

"Eren!" Armin screams, going after him. I use my wires to follow Eren as well.

"Wait," Mina yells, chasing after us, "Stay with the group!"

"Get back here!" I scream at the Titan, rushing past Eren on the roofs, and replacing my swords.

"Your going to pay for killing my friend!" Eren screams as he recklessly uses his ODM gear, "your not getting away!"

"Your not getting away!" He screams once more as we dive under a bridge. I speeds up and as he about to connect his wires to another building, a Titan appears.

The 5 meter Titan jumps up from the ground, biting off Erens left leg. He falls to the roof, tumbling over the uneven shingles until he comes to a stop. A crimson color surrounds his whole body.

"Eren!" Armin screams, attracting the attention of another large Titan. The Titan slowly lumbers towards Armin.

The Titan that bit of Eren's leg, grabbed Mina's wire, causing her to crack her skull on a wall. In absolute fury, I jump off of the roof, speed towards the five meter, slicing its neck open with one slice.

Another Titan swats our other team members out of the sky. Then I see Armin. Armin is about to be that Titans next meal.

"I'm not losing you too Armin!" I scream as I rush towards him. Before I can do anything else, another Titan encloses me in their fist. It lifts its monstrous fist over his head.

'It's going to throw me,' I though panicked as I try to wiggle free, 'I-it's going to throw me!'

As its hand decends, almost letting me go, I scream, "Run!" At the top of my lungs, "Save your self!"

Then I go sailing through the air. My limbs are unable to move from the force of the air. I see the brick structure the Titan is across from. Tears spring into my eyes as I think of how this is when my life ends.

I feel the impact of the brick building jarring my body. I slam straight through a window as I close my eyes.

The bricks all on the call collapse, along with the glass on the window. They collapse on top of me. I can't breathe, there is too much pressure on my chest.

I close my weary eyes. I think of all of the good things is have been blessed with, my deceased family, friends and an adventure.

"Life is an adventure," I mumble as I fall into unconsciousness, "Take the chance and go with it."