Chapter 5: Could This Day Get Any Worse?

Roc's p.o.v.

7 months. 7 months since the day I fell in love with Kari. I don't know why but I love her. I want her to be mine but she's in love with Ray. He's lucky to have a girl like her. She just perfect in every way. I just hope Ray doesn't break her heart like he did Zonnique. Oh yeah, a few days before the meet and greet, Ray broke it off with Zonnique because he's such a player. I don't think Kari knew about them though.

I was tired of him doing girls like that. I want to tell Kari but every time I do, she hurries and leaves. Today, I'm going to go to her house and tell her. Maybe then she won't be able to leave. I hopped in our van and asked the driver to drive me to Kari's house, which was in Fayetteville. 30 minutes went by, and we pulled into her big, quiet neighborhood. It's so peaceful here, I see why she lives here. We soon pulled up at her house and I told him I'd be here for a while. He nodded closed the door behind me.

I walked up her steep driveway and instantly got nervous. What if she doesn't open the door? Or what if she slams the door in my face? I waved these thoughts away and rang the doorbell. I heard her dog barking. I think his name is Dinero? The door made a click sound and I was soon greeted by Kari's beautiful face.

Here we go.

Kari's p.o.v.

I heard the doorbell ring. Who could this be this time? Another one of Ray's surprises? I smiled at the thought as I ran down the stairs to the door. As I opened it, I was greeted by none other than, Chres...anto? Why is he here?! How'd he know where I lived? I looked at him with disgust, as I folded my arms across my chest.

"What do you want?" I spat.

"I,uh, just wanted to apologize for how I acted 7 months ago.." Yeah I held this against him for 7 months.. so? I just stared at him. Not interested with what he had to say.

"Kari?" He sounds like he's about to cry but that doesn't phase me.

"Roc. I don't want to talk to you. What you did made me really scared of you. You're lucky I didn't have Dinero attack you." I know. A Yorkie attacking someone? Ha. "What you pulled at the hotel and movies was uncalled for. It wasn't OK. And just so you know, I told Ray about my "problem". So beat it." I slammed the door in his face leaving him in awe. I'm sick of him trying to talk to me. Everyday he'll call or text me, even when I'm with Ray. I had to hurry and delete the text before Ray could see it.

Speaking of Ray, today he's taking me somewhere for my birthday, which was 2 weeks ago. Since he's been on tour, he missed my birthday but he said he'd make up for it. I walked into the kitchen to find a note.

Went out. be back later. love ya

-Granny and Malik

Ugh! They're always leaving me here alone. I shook my head and threw the note away. I walked towards the fridge to find something to eat. As I was rummaging through the fridge, I heard my phone ringing. I ran upstairs to find a text message from Ray.

Hey baby. It's Yo Man Ray Ray. Get dressed, I'll be there in 15 minutes. Love you.

15 minutes?! He expects me to be all beautified in 15 minutes? And why is he saying "Yo Man Ray Ray"? He's definitely not a man yet. I ran to my walk in closet and tried to find an outfit. I settled on leggings, a cute little sweater and leather boots. I grabbed my pea coat and walked into my bathroom connected to my room. I put on mascara and lip gloss. I too my hair out of the bun it was in to find my hair wavy. Just great. I don't enough time to straighten it so I left it wavy. As I ran my fingers through my hair, the doorbell rang. I instantly got excited, knowing it was Rayan.