Chapter 9: Same Old Ray

This chapter might be boring at first but trust, it gets better :) enjoy!

Kari's p.o.v.

2 months later..

Today's the day I go to LA. I don't remember telling Ray I was coming so I wanted to surprise him. I woke up early that morning to back my bags. I walked into my closet grabbing all my clothes and putting them into these big bags I bought yesterday. I can't believe it. I'm finally moving out of Georgia. I've always imagined me living in California but I never thought it would actually happen. I'll be 18 in 2 months so I'm not quite old enough to buy a house or car yet but I have the connects thanks to my charming ways and graduation money. So when I get to Cali, I'd have a condo downtown LA and an all black Range Rover with tinted windows and all black interior, my favorite color.

As I was packing all the other things in my room up, I noticed my collage of photos on my bulletin board. All of them were of me, Ray, the boys, and Asiya. This past year has been the best. My relationship with Rayan is stronger than ever. We've grown closer since my incident two months ago. Rayan eventually asked me to go on tour with them. At first my grandma wasn't having it, but Kenneth convinced her to let me go. And boy was it amazing. I was surprised when they brought girls onstage with them when they performed. Ray brought me out the first 5 shows, then Walter put a stop to it because "it wasn't fair to the fans". I understood but I am his girlfriend, what do you expect?

The last show for their tour was the best. Ray brought me back out and he kissed me in front of all the fans. I heard a few aww's and a few hate words but I ignored them. He then got on his knees and did the unthinkable. He gave me a promise ring and promised he'd never break my heart. I cried and couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the night. It was really sweet of him. Later that night, he uploaded a picture of me sleeping saying "I told you I'd get you back >:)". I really love him. I wouldn't have it any other way with him.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when my alarm went off. 6:30am. I'd be leaving to the airport in 3 hours. I wasn't ready to go out into the world on my own but I knew I'd have to one day. I can't depend on my grandma for everything. I looked around my now half empty room and that's when reality hit, I'm really leaving. I felt a tear fall onto my cheek and roll slowly down. I quickly wiped it and put on the outfit I had laying on my old bed. (to the right)

  1 and a half hour later..

I looked at my clock to see what time it was. 8:00. My flight leaves at 9. I grabbed my bags and walked down stairs, carrying two at a time. Once they were all downstairs, I smelled bacon. I drooled at the smell of it. I ran to the kitchen to find my grandma cooking me a bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich; My favorite.

"Thanks. Ya know I'm gonna miss you and your cooking." I said sadly to my grandma. It was true. She took me in when my mom died when I was 9. A really touchy subject actually.

"I'll always be here. Well not always but you get it." She said as I chuckled.

"Well I better get going. The cab should be here any minute. Love you" I said before kissing her cheek. I then realized I forgot something. I ran back upstairs to get my Mac book and Nikon. Can't leave without those two. I then heard a horn beep meaning the cab was here.

"See you later grandma." I yelled before grabbing my bags. This is it. I'm finally leaving. I walked to the cab confidently. I'm no longer a child. I'm an adult. I started putting my bags in the trunk until I noticed a middle-aged man getting out the driver's seat.

"Oh no. You don't have to help."

"I do if you wanna make it there on time." So he's calling me slow? I just nodded and let him help me.