Chapter 8: A Secret, Can You Keep It? Pt. 2

Sorry if this chapter is dull. I have severe writer's block right now. :(

Kari's p.o.v.

I did it. I cut myself. This time I made sure I cut deep. I couldn't take it. Ray never told me he dated Star and he definitely didn't mention him being a father. At first I didn't want to believe him but he looked serious. I didn't want to be a step-mommy. Not yet. Not ever. If he had kids, they would be mine and his. Not his and someone else's.

Now I'm in this place. A calm, serene place. It's quiet and peaceful. It's white. All around. It makes me feel like I'm floating. Zero gravity. Zero worries. Zero Rayans. Peace. At peace.

I was snapped out of my serene state of mind when I heard a constant beeping sound. All of the sudden the white started fading, and I started falling. My eyes shot open. I looked down to see a breathing system over my nose and mouth. Crap. Ray took me to the hospital. I turned my head to the right and saw Ray crying hysterically. I couldn't hear a thing. I slowly tried to sit up but felt too weak to get up.

"Kari! Oh my god. You're up! How are you feeling?" I just stared, blankly at him. He can't be serious right now. Just then the doctor walked in.

"Mrs. Lopez is it?" I shook my head. He looked at Ray then back at me, with a confused look on his face."Well, I was told your name was Mrs. Lopez. As I was saying, you're feeling ok?" I nodded, still confused as to why I'm referred to as "Mrs. Lopez". "Well, you've been in a coma for 2 months. Do you know why?" I nodded as my eyes got watery as he took the breathing system off of me. "Well since you're feeling ok, you can be released tomorrow, alright?" I nodded again. He nodded back at me before turning around to walk out.

For 2 months?! I can't believe this. "Ray. Is it true? I've been here for 2 months?"

All he did was nod, still silently sobbing."Stop crying. Why are you here? Shouldn't you be with your baby momma?" I spat.

"K-Kari. I've been here e-every day since that night. I even spent a f-few nights here, hoping you'd wake back up. The day after was the day I got the paternity test. Turns out the baby isn't mine. Turns out it's Diggy's baby. So don't call her my baby momma." He said all in one breath. I put my head down and thought about how long he kept her pregnancy and them dating away from me. I know it happened before me but he still could've told me.

"Ray. Why'd you not tell me about you dating her?" I said, noticing him rubbing the back of his neck, nervously.

"I, uh, I really don't know. I just didn't think it was important."

"I understand. Can you do me a favor?"

"Yeah sure. Anything for my princess." He said grabbing my hand, making me smile.

"Can you go to my house and get me an outfit? And where's my phone?"

"Sure thing. And I have it. Do you need it now?" He said before reaching in his pocket. I nodded, and he handed it to me.

"I'll text you and tell you what to get when you get to my house, alright?" He nodded before walking towards the door.

He stopped before reaching for the handle. "I love you Kari." Then he walked out, not waiting for my response. I must admit, I really love him too.

20 minutes later..

R: Hey princess. I'm at your house, in your closet. What do you want?

K: Surprise me. ;)

R: Haha, okay.

I waited for him to get back so I could tell him I loved him too. I looked down at my wrist and saw the bandage where I cut myself 2 months ago.I started to cry. As I wiped my tears, Ray walked into the room with my MCM bag he bought me for Valentine's Day. He spoils me. A little too much at times.