20

~October 20: Scientific Abomination~
🚧🚧

~🎃🎃🎃~

"Test subject 13, you've exceeded all my expectations!" The creature seemed to beam at your praise. He came right up to the bars of his cage making your two helpers back away, but you leaned forward giving him a kiss on his forehead threw the bars "Your all done from the day, so here's your treat!"

Subject 13 got even more excited as you handed him a cd. Quickly he snatched it and rushed to the old music player in his cage, taking last week's cd out and placing the new one. He ignored your helpers as they gave him food and changed his water. All he wanted was his music and the yellow cockatoo plushy you got him when he had just emerged from the lab. You always give them something to soothe themselves, like Subject 24 with his black cat plushy.

But you can't sit and listen with him, you have work to do.

♡♡♡

In your office you type away, new subjects are always coming and old subjects are always going so paperwork is a significant part of your job. You were so caught up in it that the sound of the alarm began to blare scared you so bad you screamed. Two heavily armed guards kicked in your door "Ms. L/n, you are on the eminent evacuation list! Please come with us!" 

Grabbing your work bag and your water bottle you ran between them as they got you out of the building and onto the armored bus with a few of your coworkers. They were chatting among themselves when you were pushed in, the doors slamming behind you, clicking locked.

"What's going on?" 

Your coworkers shrugged, some had theories but no one knew what in the world happened to make a level 5 alarm began to blare. But you all know why you are there. You all have the highest clearance, you know everything, and know how to do everything. Losing even one of you would be a huge loss to the organization and that's why the bus took off the moment you were seated. 

It dropped you all off at home, with warnings to lock up and stay put until they came to get you, that's fine with you a small vacation is exactly what you need. Getting home you quickly checked to make sure everything is locked up and turned the alarm system the company installed when you got your last clearance before running yourself a bubble bath to just relax.

Being on top of the game is nice. Nice pay, nice house, respect. But you had to sacrifice so much to get here. You had to die, not actually but everyone in the normal world including friends and family thinks you're dead. You have no one except your coworkers and test subjects and personal relationships with both are forbidden. And real death is the consequence of disobedience.

You layed down in the warm bubbles, closing your eyes as soft music played threw the dark room. You can't remember the last time you got to relax like this, normally you run in and quickly shower change and head right back to the office after a quick nap. You almost drifted off when the sound of glass breaking downstairs made you sit straight up in the tub. 

Quickly and as quietly as you could you got out of the tub and wrapped a towel around you. Reaching into your work bag you pulled out the gun the company made you get and began creeping around the house looking for whoever was dumb enough to break in...and wondering how the hell they got threw the system without getting obliterated. 

When you made it down to the kitchen something wrapped around your waist and yanked you so hard you had to grab your towel "What the-!? Subject 13!?" He pulled you to him, rubbing his face against yours "Subject 13, where you why the alarm went off!? You need to let me take you back or they'll kill you- MMM!" He wrapped his other hand around your mouth as he began to walk. Out your house and quickly threw your neighborhood leaving into the woods and then a cave as you struggled for freedom. 

He curled up with you, the poor thing couldn't talk but you think you get the just of this. He broke out and kidnapped you, and has no plans on letting you go...all you can do is wait it out and hope the commission comes to save you because to everyone else, your dead.

🎃🎃🎃

(767 Words)