10

~October 10:  Basilsk~
🚧Sacrifired,?Drugging?🚧
Hizashi is a Yellow Eyelash Viper but yk fucking huge

~🎃🎃🎃~

Twice a year the village priest picks a young woman out of the few who aren't married yet. She is dressed up as a bride, feed a feast, and then dropped into the ocean below the village's clift side as a sacrifice for the serpent beast that roams the waters below. Its been a tradition since the first settlers came to reside on the clift. Some say the serpent straightened all the way up from the water towering over the homes and demanded it. Others say the village did it after a bad attack and it never happened again but either way the end result is still the same. Sacrifice a bride, everyone else stays alive.

You remember your grandmother telling you that story when you were little, that both her best friend and sister were choices. That she married your grandfather out of necessity and that when you're of age you should do the same. But you didn't really listen, didn't really think it would happen to you...but then it did.

♡♡♡

"This was your grandma's wedding dress. She always told me she wanted you to have it but I thought it would be used in a different way." You refused to speak to her, for years you and your sister have been begging to move and she wanted to stay all because your dad is buried here. when she was done fixing the dress she smiled at you, a sad guilt-filled smile "You look beautiful." 

She left you in your room till the people came to collect you. A few minutes later your sister slipped in and sat beside you, quickly you took off the necklace your grandmother gave you and slipped it around her neck "Listen to me, when it becomes time. Marry. Marry and get him to move you the hell outta here and then leave him if you'd like. But get out of this town." 

The priest entered your room right as you and your sister were hugging "Time to go." You stood with a neutral face and walked with them. You refuse to be one of those women getting dragged out their house kicking and screaming for all to stare at. 

When the feast was set in front you, you didn't touch any of it. If that beast wanted to eat you, then he could eat you like this you won't fatten up for him. Finally, it was time. You stood at the side of the clift allowing the priest to tie your hands beside your back and your feet together 

"Any last words?" 

"You call the serpent and beast. But you are the real monster." 

He grabbed the back of your dress, you looked down as he was spouting his nonsense about being safe for the rest of the year to see the ocean moving below. A dark figure in the water seemed to be moving it. You took a deep breath right as you were shoved off the clift. 

Hitting the cold water was a system shock but opening your eyes to be met face to face with a large yellow snake monster was even more so. You opened your mouth to scream right as jaws incased you.

♡♡♡

The jaws open causing you to fall to the hard dry ground, the impact making you cough up water. You sat up as the snake monster wrapped its body into a coil leaving just enough room for you to stand up as its head hovered over you.

"Dont play with your food! Fucking eat me and get it over with!"

The snake cocked its head to the side before diving into...dump you. It did it again until finally you turned to the ?cave? wall. There were carvings on the wall. The story of a woman, that wow looked just like you, in a gown being sacrificed, she's saved by the serpent and then-

"Im not your mate! And I'm not giving you any eggs that's for sure!" 

The serpent beast once again cocked its head before lowering it to your shoulder "Wha-" Suddenly a single fang tip pierced your skin "Ow!" 

"SSSleep little one." 

You began feeling dizzy and fell against one of the coil walls. The serpent's head came to nuzzle into you as your consciousness began to fade.

🎃🎃🎃

(721 Words)