26

~October 26: Scarecrow~
🚧Death, Dead body, Goreish, Could be considered a bit Homophobic🚧

~🎃🎃🎃~

"I think this will be a great new start for everyone." Your father said as he began grabbing all the things out the back of the truck. You got out the truck after your sister rushed to get inside the house, but you didn't run right in. Instead you took in your new home, acres of field and the smell of fresh cut grass greeted you 

"Look at that weird scarecrow." Your dad looked up and laughed "Well at least it keeps the birds away." You followed him into the house, a nice two story farm house that came fully furnished. That first night was ok, the following week was alright. It didn't start until a month in.

♡♡♡

"Did you move the scarecrow?" Your dad looked up from the tractor to you "I ain't touch that thing, its got a funky smell. Least it works I guess. Why?" You glanced at it before back to your dad "Feels like its closer to my room then when we got here." He shrugged "Maybe the wind made it face a little over. Im sure its nothing." 

"...Yeah."

♡♡♡

Your father woke in the middle of the night to your scream. When he got to your room you were on the floor balled up in terror, your bed was full of glass from the broken window. After a quick trip to the hospital for your cuts it was early morning and you had hot chocolate between your legs as he drove you back to the farm "What happened?" 

"I told you it was the scarecrow! Its been staring at me threw my window for months and tonight it tired to take me!!" You dad sighed "The nurse said you'd probably be like this, hun it was probably just a breach or rock-" "It was the scarecrow!" 

"Im sick of hearing about the scarecrow, tomorrow I'm gonna tear that thing up. For now you can have my bed ill take the couch."

♡♡♡

Your father made you come with him when he decided to get ride of the scarecrow, you didn't want to but he basically forced you to go. When you two got close he smell hit the both of you but he kept going wanting all this to be over.

He began ripping the thing apart but stopped when he pulled and a bone tell to the ground, he held back a gag as he turned to you "Go phone the police, now!"

♡♡♡

Laying in your bed, with your curtains drawn you tried to make since of it. The scarecrow that tormented you for months...was stuffed with a rotting human corpse. The previous owner killed is son's boyfriend  and hid it inside a new scarecrow for years until your dad got tired of you crying about the scarecrow. At least now his body can be put to rest, to bad now you cant rest. You sighed and opened your eyes, there will be no sleep for you tonight.

...Huh weird, you could have sworn your teddy bear was facing the door not your bed.

🎃🎃🎃

(578 Words)