Chapter 7: It's okay, I don't mind being a beach. You're a real brick after all.

Hey peeps (: New chapter of I Daire You.

As I said before, please support this story if you find it decent. I won't hesitate in deleting it if it doesn't seem to be working out.

Nevertheless, thanks for the support so far. Maybe I'll start dedicating chapters to commenters and fans [: x 

Picture of Sophia at the side >>>

River Flows In You link >>>

Comment, Vote or Fan if you don't mind x

Thanks for the support so far guys x 

---Schroll down to continue---

Chapter: 7:  It's okay, I don't mind being a beach. You're a real brick after all.

-Daire's POV-

  "Clinton Vermont, I reject you as my mate."

  I watched through agonized eyes as Clinton stared back at me, his face completely breaking until it was replaced by one with expressionless, dull black eyes. 

  "Goodbye, Clinton."

  I took one, two steps back before I turned completely, my back facing him as I whispered a quiet but firm, "Drake, dad. Let's go."

  They hesitated, looking stunned before I heart footsteps echo behind me. We continued walking until we reached the lift. I didn't look back once, though the piercing, yet somehow empty gaze on my back felt like daggers consistently stabbing at my bones.

  There was silence for a couple of minutes, my heart slowly dying in the process, before Drake finally spoke up.

  "Dairy-" He hesitated as I cut in.

  "I don't want to talk about it now," I mumbled under my breath.

  'Honey-" Dad tried.

  "Please," I repeated, my voice cracking in the process.

  Dad and Drake exchanged sympathatic glances before they looked back at me, their blue eyes understanding and caring. My heart softened a bit, but I didn't have the energy to return their gazes with a thankful one of my own.

  I hung back when they stepped into the lift. 

  "Daire? Aren't you coming up? You can stay in my dorm," Drake offered gently.

  I smiled weakly, not wanting to answer.

  "I'll be up later," I turned to my father, who still looked like he was going through shock, "Dad?"

  "Yes, sweetheart?"

  "Is there a piano around here?" 

-Clinton's POV- 

 She rejected me.

  She ..

  Holy shit. She rejected me?

  "Clinton.." My father begun, his voice laced with uncertainty and disbelief.

   "Alpha," Neil, who had changed into his human form seconds after she left, warned.

  And it was a good thing he did too.

  I was shaking in my spot, my eyes eerie and cold. My vision started turning a murky, blood-lusting red at the corners all over again when the painful realization of what she had just done registered in my head.