Chapter 14: I'm the human; you're the werewolf, I should look at you funny.

A/N at the end of chapter. Please read. x 

---Schroll down to continue---

Chapter 14: I'm the human; you're the werewolf, I should look at you funny.

-Daire's POV-

  "Hey there, non-shifter."

  I turned, my eyebrow shooting up at the open way whoever called to me. It was 30 minutes after Dace read the .. prophecy, or whatever you would call it, and the wereteens were now jogging around the field.

  Oh yes. Of course I ran the first 2 rounds; but let me tell you. It ain't fun trying to catch up with a bunch of over-running teenagers that could turn into oversized dogs. 

  I run 10 steps; they've already hit 30. I finish my 1st lap; they're already starting on their 5th.

  After a while, I threw the coach a very irritated, 'Really? Lady? You're gonna make me do this?' And finally, she'd gestured for me to get off the field.

  Now I was perched by the water fountain, my palms pressed onto my knees as I tried to catch my racing breath. It was amusing to see the wolves run and push passed each other like a bunch of arrogant puppies. Like now, for instance. Vicky was literally shoving across innocent runners, smirking and shaking her beehive as though it were the most sexy thing in the world.

  I almost burst out laughing right then and there when she passed Clinton, winked at him and started moving even more violently. He was jogging pretty effortlessly, as though running 30 laps around a huge field was an everyday thing. He pretty much grimaced at the sight of her flirting, his eyes instantly flickering up to where I was standing. I smirked at him and glanced away, not bothering to care about who's buttock he was staring at. After all, a person that treated the Luna title as a pick up line was not worth my time.

  "Oh," I said, my gaze shooting up to meet a cheerful, electric blue ones, "Hey."

  The blond guy grinned at me, and I smiled at the way a dimple formed on his cheek. He reminded me of Drake when he was younger, the way his eyes brightened into a baby face whenever he laughed. That was ironic, however, considering this boy was probably older than my brother.

  "I see you're no longer coughing?" He asked.

  I raised an eyebrow, hoping nobody heard him.

  "Dace's father gave me some medications to stop it, my chest still hurts a little though," I told him, sitting back up onto my toes and stretching.

  "I see," He said, nodding, "Well anyway, I'm glad you're better."

  I smiled slightly, "Yeah. Thanks."

  And then I frowned in realization. 

  "Err, not to be rude or anything, but," I chuckled, "I don't really know your name, although we've met like, 3 times?"

  The blond guy laughed again, his blue eyes brightening and his dimple appearing.

  "Ah, yes, I'm Elliot Bay, from the Moonlit Storms pack," He introduced himself. I smiled. Elliot Bay. Well that suited him.

  "And I'm guessing you already know my name?" I asked playfully.

  "Daire Alexandra St Claire," He grinned, "I think the whole school already knows your name though."

  I winced and groaned. Unwanted attention was not needed.

  He laughed at my expression and I couldn't help but smile again. I think Elliot and I would be good friends.