Chapter 61

Jennie

It's been just under a month since Lisa and I started our relationship and we've been able to keep it hidden while on tour. All of the stolen kisses deep within backstage halls, loving touches when no one is looking, and late night rendezvous wandering foreign city streets have all gone unnoticed.

That is up until a week ago...

Just as I'm about to walk into Lisa's dressing room, I hear heavy, jogging footsteps come up behind me, and before I can turn around to look, a pair of hands grab my waist and push me into the room.

"What the..."

I hear the door close, and the person that shoved me into the dressing room steps out from behind me and presses me up against the door.

"Hi, sexy girl." Lisa grins, trapping me between her body and the door. Her head is tipped down to look at me, causing a few strands of hair to fall in front of her eye.

"Hi." I squeak out, still a little startled. "What a way to give me a heart attack." I reach up to brush her hair back and rest my hands on her chest.

"Sorry." she chuckles, not actually sorry at all. "Just excited to finally see my beautiful girlfriend that I haven't been able to see all day."

I can't help but giggle. "You just saw me this morning." I remind her.

Granted, I haven't seen her as much as I normally do due to her being in meetings all morning with Hyun-suk and her record label, but I did wake her up and bring her coffee before it all started.

"Yeah, for like five seconds." she mumbles, with a pout on her face.

"Better than nothing." I counter teasingly.

"Will you shut up and just kiss me already?" she groans, already bending down to touch her soft lips to mine.

While gliding her lips over mine, a gasp emits from somewhere in the room.

"No way."

Lisa and I quickly pull apart to see Jessi standing in the bathroom doorway letting out a high pitched and excited squeal.

"Tell. Me. Everything." she demands, prancing over to the couch, looking like a kid on Christmas morning. Her eyes are wide and full of excitement, while looking at both Lisa and I expectantly.

"Wha... I..." I don't know what to say.

"Don't even try to deny anything." she threatens with a pointed look. "I literally just saw you two sucking face with my own eyes."

I let out a long sigh, knowing that we're busted and there's no way of beating around the bush. "You can't tell anyone." I warn, pointing a stern finger at her.

"My lips are sealed." She pretends to zip her lips shut. "Now, spill."

I take a seat on the couch across from her and she sits on the edge of her seat, anxiously waiting for me to tell her our little secret.

"It's been about three weeks." I admit, and Lisa takes a seat next to me, placing a comforting hand on my thigh.

"Three weeks!"

"Shhh!" I remind Jessi, not wanting anyone else to possibly hear, even though the dressing room door is shut. She smacks her hand over her mouth. "Sorry." she whispers.

"Remember when Lisa lost her voice and we had to go see the doctor back in New York?" I ask, and she nods.

"Well... that's sort of when it all happened."

"Shut up!" she whisper shouts. "All this time?"

I nod and she squeals in excitement again, causing me to sheepishly look down and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, exposing one of my blushing cheeks. Lisa leans over and places a kiss to my burning skin, causing Jessi to lose her mind.

"Jenlisa is finally happening!" Jessi grins from ear to ear.

"Jenlisa?" Lisa asks.

"Your couple name. Duh!"

Currently, I'm standing in Lisa's dressing room, checking my emails when someone sneaks up behind me.

"Hi, sweetheart." an unfamiliar husky voice whispers in my ear making me jump.

I quickly turn around to see none other than Marco behind me with a satisfied smirk on his face for startling me. It's the first day of the European leg of tour, and if I remember correctly, there was talk about Lisa's parents possibly showing up.

"My kiddo around?" His dark hair is a bit dishevelled, and I'm pretty sure that I smell some alcohol on his breath.

"Lisa should be done with interviews soon." I stutter, taking a few steps back when I realise that he's advancing on me.

"Hmm..." He shoves his hands in his pockets, still slowly inching towards me. "So, are you my kiddo's little girlfriend, or are you single?"

"Marco!" someone scolds, voice full of disgust.

I look to the doorway to find Lisa's mom standing there with her arms crossed and looking utterly displeased, with Hyun-suk beside her.

"She's at least half your age, but I guess that's how you like them." Sandra scoffs, rolling her eyes as her and Hyun-suk step inside.

Marco just shrugs, and an uncomfortable silence hangs over the room.

"Hey, babe, where..." Lisa walks in, eyes cast down to her phone, completely unaware of the situation in the room at first. Her eyes go wide when she looks up to see everyone. "I mean, uhh..." she uncomfortably coughs, trying to cover up her mistake. "What's going on here?"

"Just trying to get to know your little girlfriend here." Marco smirks, slinging his arm over my shoulders, but I shrug him off.

Lisa's eyes blaze and her lip starts to snarl. "Don't touch her!" she warns, and Marco's smirk deepens.

"So she is your girlfriend." Marco taunts and Lisa keeps her mouth shut, with fists clenched at her sides.

I look over at Hyun-suk and his eyes have darkened, with his jaw twitching.

Busted.

"Answer the question, Lisa." Hyun-suk says, with his voice low.

Lisa's eyes shift to everyone in the room, lingering on me for a few beats longer, and I pray for her to deny it, but her eyes soften and her shoulders drop with the exhale of a sigh. She takes a few steps towards me, looking deep into my eyes with a sense of comfort before grabbing my hand.

"Yeah." she gives my hand a reassuring squeeze, her eyes never leaving mine. "Yeah, she is my girlfriend." A small, loving smile breaks across her face and my heart stops and I feel the colour drain from my face.

"She's your girlfriend?" her mother asks, with a slight disgust in her voice.

Lisa closes her eyes, taking a deep breath before facing everyone. "Yes. Jennie is my girlfriend." she says confidently, but with a slight irritation due to all the judgment being thrown around.

As soon as Hyun-suk goes to open his mouth, Lisa speaks up. "I know that it's not ideal because she's my assistant, and you're not supposed to mix business with pleasure, but we work so well together on and off the clock. She's always there for me, and she makes me a better person at the end of the day. Jennie truly cares about me, and I'm in love with her. There's nothing that'll change that."

My heart slams in my chest due to her words and the look in Hyun-suk's eye. His jaw is set, and I can tell that he's refraining from exploding. Then, in the blink of an eye, his whole demeanour changes.

"That's great." Hyun-suk says, eerily calm. "I'm happy for you guys." He manages a small smile. "Now, let's get ready for the show." he says, walking out the door, with Marco and Sandra following behind him.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in, still feeling my stomach churn with uneasiness.

"Hey." Lisa says, turning to stand in front of me. "See, that wasn't so bad." she grabs my other hand, rubbing soothing circles on the back of my hands with her thumbs. "Now we don't have to hide anymore." she grins widely, bending down to capture my lips with hers.

"Yeah." I say breathlessly, trying to force a convincing smile despite the pit in my stomach.