[ ✯ EIGHTEEN ✯ ]

"So," Kazutora began, "what do you want to talk about?"

They were sitting across from each other inside of Seishu's house, at the dining table that was clean from any stains. Hajime Kokonoi was nowhere to be seen, so Y/N figured that he probably wasn't there, which is correct. Kazutora and Seishu were alone, having no one but themselves to keep each other company. But for how long that company would remain one-sidedly comfortable depends on Kazutora's answers to Seishu's questions.

"Firstly, I want to apologize on behalf of Coco, who dug into you without either of us knowing." Said Seishu, earning a sharpened look from the other male.

"I have my reasons why I don't want people to know about my past, so why couldn't he respect that?" Kazutora hissed, no longer comfortable. Y/N was annoyed and frustrated, feeling rightfully betrayed by Kokonoi's actions. "What did he even find out, anyway?"

"I don't know why he did that. I guess because he wanted to ensure our safety from potential threats." Seishu tried to explain, although he wasn't entirely certain himself.

"How on earth could I be a threat to you guys—" Kazutora wanted to say, only to be cut off by Seishu, "You killed someone, Kazutora, and landed yourself in juvie. Didn't you?"

Kazutora paused, pursing his lips together as he narrowed his eyes. "What do you know about that?"

"Nothing more than what I've just said. Coco doesn't, either." As much as Seishu wanted to present himself as calm, the way he stammered over his own words spoke volumes about the nerves that tingled underneath his skin, anxiety creeping up his back as the conversation grew closer to the truth.

"Good, and it's staying that way," Y/N demanded through the voice of Kazutora, leaning back into the chair to cross his arms. But such demands meant nothing to their own morale.

Seishu breathed out, steadying his verbalized thoughts, "I want... no, I need to know who you killed."

"Why?"

"Because the timeframe... is very close to someone I know, who died," Seishu carried, observing as Kazutora furrowed his brows, "so I need to know."

Y/N didn't want to answer, because they knew what the truth was; they knew about Inui Seishu's connection with the Black Dragons and how much Sano Shinichiro and the rest of the first generation meant to Seishu. They knew that their friendship may end here if Seishu learns the truth, but at the same time, Y/N felt as though he deserved to hear it. Deserved to know who had done it.

"I don't... want to tell you. Because it was dumb. The situation... it was so fucking dumb, and it was all my fault," Y/N said, but before Seishu could say anything, Kazutora continued, "but you, of all people, deserve to know, and it's exactly who you think it is. Sano Shinichiro."

Seishu's blue-colored eyes widened, sucking in a breath of air as a ringing sound panged his ears, unable to truly process the name that Kazutora just uttered. "Why, uh, did you try to hide it from us? From me?"

"Because I was scared that you would hate me," Y/N admitted truthfully, "and I still am. I don't want to lose our friendship, but..." Y/N expressed, musing with their words, "I'll respect your decision if you decide to cut me off." No, they weren't ready for that. Y/N didn't want to lose him.

Seishu's body was now tense, muscles stiff as he blinked away the tears that threatened to escape his eyes. To be facing Shinichiro's murderer, to be sitting right across from him. Seishu didn't know what to think, and honestly, he didn't even know how to feel about Kazutora's confession about wanting to stay friends. It was all a bit too much for him, and even if he had prepared himself for days for whatever hypothetical answers he would have received today, he still wasn't entirely ready to hear those two dreaded words. Sano Shinichiro was murdered by none other than Hanemiya Kazutora. Oh, how it devastated him.