Chapter 10 A Surprise Visit

Mala gave Nightfury a surprised look. "The kidnapping incident from seven years ago? I thought that villain had been taken care of back then."

Hiccup shook his head. "No, I've been chasing him for seven years. We recently discovered his influence in cases a few months before the red death incident. While my team and I have been working in the shadows to track him he has been experimenting on dragons. I now you don't like our methods but if we are going to stop this mad man then we are going to have to work together."

Mala glared at Nightfury then glanced back at the frozen Grimmel. "What guarantee do we have that you won't become like that man?"

Hiccup sighed. "I have safety measures in place and I work very hard to make sure I don't hurt anyone unintentionally. If you have any further ideas they would be greatly appreciated."

Mala shook her head. "No the Defenders of the Wing will not interfere, however if you do harm anyone you will be made enemy number one. Once all this is over you must also disappear permanently."

Astrid was about to protest but Hiccup held up his hand to stop her. "Agreed, Shadow shall keep you informed of our progress."

Without another word Hiccup and Toothless launched into the air and disappeared. Mala turned to Throk. "I want every case file you can find about what happened during the incident seven years ago."

Throk nodded. "As you wish commander Queen."

Snot lout grumbled as he followed Astrid and Fishlegs to Dragon's Edge. The twins managed to wrestle as they walked. Snotlout scoffed as the store came into view. "This place looks like a dump. Why are we here again?"

Fishlegs sighed. "You need more advanced armor for the competition right? Well this is the best armor designer and fabricator. All the best armors come from Dragon's Edge."

Snotlout continued to grumble as Astrid opened the door. He nearly attacked when a metalic blue heeler bowled into Astrid. Only Astrid's laughter stopped him. "Stormfly! Down girl! Yes, I love you too."

Hiccup smiled from the door way as he watched the pair play. "She has been waiting for you all day. She couldn't wait to see you."

Astrid stood up and Stormfly fell into step beside her. "Well considering you just activated her this morning before school it is understandable that she is eager."

Hiccup nodded before turning to scowl at Snotlout. "What are you doing here?"

Snotlout glared as the twins rushed past everyone to explore the store. Tuffnut oohed as Ruffnut turned to ogle Hiccup's bare arms. "He needs new armor for a competition with a new dragon school. He liked Fishlegs' armor and Fishlegs said that this was where he got it. He also said it was the best place to get the newest armor. What I want to know is when you got so hot. You were a nerd before now you're a hunk."

Hiccup shook his head and sighed. "If you are just here to harass me please leave. I have actual work to do for paying customers."

Hiccup walked back toward his lab while the twins continued to gawk at the armors. Snotlout huffed and walked to the counter. Hiccup turned and gave Snotlout a searching look. Snotlout looked away and mumbled. "I need new armor, I broke the armor from the school last week. I took it to Gobber but he said he can't fix it. Please can you make me some new armor, I am desperate."

Hiccup nodded and stepped up to the counter. "What kind of armor are you looking for?"

Snotlout looked up in surprise. "Um I don't really know the different types."

Hiccup shook his head before smiling. "Okay put on that training armor then head into the testing room. Practice your moves for a bit then a combat specialist will come in and critic you. The suit will take your measurements and tell us what armor style will work best for you."