Chapter 13 Good Changes

Everyone froze as Mala's words sank in. Hiccup sat back with a sigh. "I can honestly say I did not expect this. I'm guessing you pieced it together from the case files of seven years ago."

Mala nodded. "There were too many coincidences surrounding you and Nightfury for it to be anything else."

Hiccup chuckled. "Fair enough, so what can I answer for you?"

Mala smiled. "We need to know Drago's methods. You have dealt with him the most and know his methods. Is there anything you can tell us about his methods?"

Hiccup sighed before speaking. "Drago was always thinking. He kept to himself and had others do his dirty work. Unless it was personal he never lifted a finger."

Mala nodded. "That matches with current events. Can you tell us more about his personality. We are trying to build a profile of him so we can get an idea of his next attack."

Hiccup shuddered as memories of Drago's attitude while he loomed over him. "He is driven and methodical. He doesn't let anything stop him from getting what he wants."

Astrid placed a hand on Hiccup's shoulder as he shuddered again. He looked up and gave her a sad smile. He took a deep breath before continuing. "Drago is heartless and cruel. We did recently learn what his plans are. He is trying to make it so dragons can go past the barrier around New Berk. Once he has done that he plans to take over the world and use humans as test subjects. He is truly a mad man."

Throk scowled. "This tells us nothing. We must know his location! You must know something!"

Hiccup shook his head. "If I knew that then I would have gone after him myself instead of facing off with his cronies for months! As it is now I can no longer face him."

Mala gave a confused look. "You will no doubt recover soon, then you can help us take him down."

Hiccup shook his head again. "No if I were to face him he would win."

Astrid gave Hiccup a concerned look before looking closely at his eyes. She gasped when she realized how they were different. "No! It can't be!"

Hiccup nodded. "It seems I am once again a normal human with no dragon to speak of."

Throk frowned. "What do you mean?"

Hiccup sighed. "The explosion that was set off during the recent mob incident contained a cure for Drago's formulas. My very own powers came from those same formulas . They also altered my appearance in a distinct way. One of which was my eyes were that of a dragon's and you havem't mentioned them."

Throk shook his head. "So what does that mean?"

Hiccup sighed. "I would use glasses to hide them. I am not wearing them now and my eyes apparently returned to the normal eyes of a human. If my dragon eyes are gone then it is safe to say the rest of my dragon abilities are gone as well."

Throk game Hiccup a pitying look as Mala nodded. "Thank you then for your sacrifice. Would you like anything to be said about your alter ego?"

Hiccup thought for a moment. "Say that Nightfury fell while fighting in defense of New Berk and that his last words were encouraging heros to fight with all their might against evil."

Mala nodded and left with Throk following close behind. Astrid shook her head as she turned back to Hiccup. "Was that entirely necessary? You know that it will make the others mad."

Hiccup smiled. "Yes, but in a way Nightfury is dead. Only weak human Hiccup remains."

Astrid frowned. "Even so you are more a hero than any dragon who came before. You have made tools that help everyone and you are fair to all. Even those that have wronged you before. I could only wish to be as great a hero as you."