Darker Than Black

Song Eleven: I Am Machine

Group: Three Days Grace

Fandom: Darker Than Black

Time: 3minutes 20seconds

~

One Shot Eleven: Dolls

Sure, she was a doll, but sometimes she really wished she could just feel... Something. She knew that she was missing out after she'd caught him crying. He was a contractor, sure, but at least he could feel emotions. She knew that's what they were called after tapping into her data sources.

These emotions, she knew they were the strongest things in the world. Apparently they'd saved Hei's life lots of times before. She couldn't feel emotions, so... Did that mean she'd die soon? She wasn't sure how she felt about that. She didn't really think it sounded all that fun, besides, if she died she wouldn't be able to get Hei out of trouble, and he seemed to have a nasty habit of getting himself into... 'Situations'.

She shook her head, legs swaying in the water. She felt a vaguely present feeling as the water moved against her skin. Maybe she was a doll, but at least she was fundamentally human. Skin and bones, not nuts and bolts.

Yes, she was a human. And all humans could feel emotions, dolls or not. Hell even contractors had emotions, she knew that much. She'd read somewhere that there was this strangely powerful thing called the 'Will To Live'. Apparently it's what gave people the desire to survive and fight no matter what the odds, and it was an all powerful consuming emotion that could override everything else, even the logical thoughts of the brain if need be.

She looked up at the stars, frowning slightly as one fell from the sky. That made her sad... Didn't it? She heard that every human had the Will To Live in them. So that meant she had it too, right? The will to live had the power to override everything else, so did that mean it could overpower even her doll mechanisms?

She smiled slightly, leaning back on the dirt as her legs continued to swing, happier. She wasn't dying any time soon. Doll or not, she still had the will to live.

~

Awwwww that was sweet ^^ I can't actually remember her name and I've only watched up to episode seven of Darker Than Black soooo... /:

Aaanyways, GONNA move onto the next one shot before I fall asleep.

Comment, vote, fan!

~S