Chapter 11

Present day:
Veronica,Alex,Clear, Billy and Carter were now all sat in Carter's car.

"Look! I can't go home.Because after Ms lewton, they're gonna be looking for me!" Alex explained, Veronica looked at him and sighed.

"You can stay in Clear's father's cabin in the woods for a while.It's only a few miles away from her house!" Veronica exclaimed, placing her hand on his back.Clear nodded in agreement.She noticed the tension between the two and awkwardly shuffled sidewards, staring out the window.

Carter rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Alright Browning, you fucking warlock.Did you know about Ms Lewton or what?" Carter asked, staring at Alex through the mirror.

"Why'd you think I was hiding?" Alex replied, shaking his head.Veronica noticed Billy starting to feel uncomfortable as he looked down at his knees.

"Billy told the FBI he saw you running from her house." Clear informed, looking at Alex.

Alex's eyes widened, facepalming himself. "I was running because they blame me for everything! They blamed me for Tod, they blamed me for her, they blamed me for the fucking plane crash Billy!" Alex shouted.

"The fire caramelised her blood Alex, your shoe prints were in it! Your finger prints were on the knife!" Billy exclaimed his voice becoming shaky and his forehead starting to become sweaty.

Alex threw his hands in the air, in frustration, and put them on the seat in front of him. " I told you Billy! I told you they were not-"

"I'm not talking about wether you did or not alright!" Carter interrupted, glaring at Alex through the windowshield. "Or even if you knew she was dead! Did you know she was going to be next? Before she was." He questioned, staring at Alex in fear and confusion.

Alex turned towards Veronica, who was already staring at him.He sighed and looked back at Carter." Yeah.I did!" Alex confessed." I knew!" He breathed out.Billy turned away, in worry , looking up at the car ceiling.

Carter's breathing started to become heavier. "Alright." He shrugged. "Out of us.Who's next to see it?" Carter questioned, his face lacked in colour.

Veronica's heart started to beat faster, as she prayed it wasn't her.She didn't want to die.She wasn't ready.She started to bounce her leg as she bit her nails.Alex placed a hand on her leg, comfortingly.She glanced at him, sending him a small smile.

"God! Please tell me I'll get to see the Jets win the superboal." Billy pleaded, turning his head to the trio sat in the back.

"Like that's ever gonna happen anyways." Veronica shot back, holding in her laughter.

Carter's eyes slightly widened,looking at Alex once again." It's me right? That's why you're not saying.Right?" Carter asked, his voice breaking.

Veronica grabbed onto Alex's hand which was still placed on her knee.Causing him to look at her.

"I knew I should've hit on Tammy at the pool that time!" Billy cried out, smacking his hand on the car door.

"Hey! What you whining about? , he said I was next!" Carter shouted.

"He didn't say anything!" Veronica protested.Snapping at Carter.

"Just drive!" Clear breathed out, lifting her head from the window.

"See! You have a responsibility to tell me!" Carter yelled, his face covered in worry, clenching his fists on the steering wheel.Veronica widened her eyes and scoffed, looking out the window staring at the pale moonlight.

Sighing, Alex rolled his eyes. "Do you think it's gonna make it easier to know Carter? It's not it's gonna make it fucking harder!" Alex stated, leaning forward.