Chapter 12

"God! I can't believe my own brother is dead! I should've done something, it's all my fault!" Veronica sobbed, beside Billy's headless body, refusing to get up.Alex,Clear and Carter stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do.

Alex knelt down beside Veronica, placing his hand on her back. "Ronnie! This is not your fault! You couldn't have done anything about it!" He comforted.Veronica side eyed him, her eyes maroon; she was uncontrollably crying. "Alex, I understand you're trying to make me feel better but you don't understand! Okay? I could have easily warned him about that!" She broke out, her voice cracking.She felt a heavy weight in her chest, it had been growing  heavier ever since flight 180, and now she finally knew what it was.Guilt.Guilt from surviving.And now that her own brother had died she knew it should've been her!

Whilst her hand was slightly shaking, she wiped her tears away and broke out a fake smile. "God, I'm so sorry guys." She moped, trying to hold that smile.

she  glanced at Billy's body one more time, before standing up.Her lips were trembling as her head hung low. "Ronnie, what did I tell you about apologising?" Alex sighed, quietly.He didn't want to upset Veronica,that was the last thing he wanted.Hell! It made him furious that she blamed herself because in the back of his mind he blamed himself, if he never spoke to her that day, this would have never happened.But now his main focus was to keep her safe.

Dragging her feet, she slowly made her way to Alex, pulling him into an embrace.Smiling, he wrapped his arms around her, stroking her brunette hair.As she cried into his arms.

"Veronica, I am so sorry!" Clear announced, walking towards her.Veronica let go of Alex, sniffling." It's fine!" She replied, barley smiling.

Alex then furrowed his eyebrows like he was thinking about something, "Alex? Are you okay?" Veronica questioned.

He shook his head, walking over to Carter, Veronica clung onto Clear's arms, tears still falling down onto her face. "You should've been next!" He claimed pointing at Carter. "That was the plan! That was the design! You should be fucking dead!" Alex stated.

Veronica shivered, glancing at Clear. "The police are coming!" Clear muttered.

"You're the fucking devil!"

Alex rushed over to: Veronica and Clear claiming that he saw the seatbelt break. "I saw the belt! I knew it would rip! That's how I saved him! Just like the plane! Just like the explosion! I saw it!" He explained.

Veronica stared at him in worry. " Fuck I saved him! And because I saved him it skipped Carter, and went onto the next person on the list, Billy!"

Veronica frowned, looking down at the mention of Billy, she knew Alex was right but the same question floated in her mind. 'Why Billy?' 'Why could they sense Carter's fate but not his?!' Was someone messing with them?

"I have to see it! And if I see it I have to intervene! And I intervene.. I'll cheat the design!" Alex continued, placing his hands on his head.

Carter scoffed, "So are you fucking God now!" Alex shook his head, walking over to him. "Gods aren't afraid to die! Gods don't die! We do!"

Veronica shook her head, walking over towards him grabbing his shoulders. "Babe! You're losing it! You have to calm down, you can stay in Clears dads cabin and you can get your head together!"

Alex was staring at the ground. "After Billy, im next.I'm next!" He claimed, lifting his head up to look at Veronica.

She rapidly shook her head, her mouth falling open.She raised her eyebrows, swallowing. "Then me! Alex I don't want to die! I really don't wanna die!" Veronica cried, her legs quivering in fear. Alex grabbed her face pulling her in, shaking his head.

"Hey! Hey! I'm not gonna let it happen, okay? You're not going to die! Listen to me!" Alex exclaimed, caressing her cheeks.

"Hey! Why don't you all just get the fuck out of here?!" Carter suggested.

Veronica,Clear and Alex nodded, running off together to safety, leaving Carter on himself; in his thoughts.

[693 words]
Very very very short and boring chapter but wtv.I want next chapter to be Very! It will be a be a buildup

And another reason why this chapters so short is because I can't be bothered to write more 💀 I have to get up at 6am tmr literally cannot be bothered.