My Door

“What do you bury when it’s alive and dig up when it’s dead?”

Stiles sighs as she kills the engine to Malia’s Mustang. She doesn’t know why she humours the nogitsune, but at least she can’t see him anymore, just still annoyingly hear his voice.

“A plant.” Stiles sarcastically scoffs out, “You're boring me now. Do better.” She’s then, hauling herself out of the car and up the stairwell of Derek’s apartment building.

“What do you answer even though it never questions you?”

Stiles huffs, is still annoyed, yet, still playing along (mainly for her own entertainment; for her own sanity... if she still has any left, that is...) “A phone.” She halts at the door for some witty comeback, only to be half disappointed. Though, she wishes it had stayed that way – when she lifts a hand to slide the door along, it’s already being opened for her.

And instead of seeing Derek’s handsome face, she sees her own smirking back at her as Void Stiles – the nogitsune – stands there. “And a door.” Void Stiles adds, dark amber orbs twinkling with awaiting chaos. You are my door, Stiles.” He tells her, takes step closer so they’re standing inches apart with their eyes and everything else level.

Stiles stands her ground, glares back at him, because she knows exactly what he means by that. “I will never set you free again.”

“Yes. You will.” Void Stiles smirks slightly, tone taunting rather than demanding or even promising. “You destroyed the one thing that could have killed me; the nematon. And now, I’m already getting stronger by the night. I know you can feel it...” He trails off, smirk lingering as he lets his words linger in the air between them, sees the doubt in her eyes, no matter how brief and how well she instantly covers it. Who do you think really opened this door between us?”

He taunts her some more, motions to Derek’s metal accordion front door, but Stiles knows that’s not the door he’s really talking about. And he’s right. It was her who let him in last time.

“I’m strong now. I’ll find a way to stop you, for good, this time.” Stiles promises.

Void Stiles chuckles, looks ecstatic as he says, “You already know that’s why I’ve chosen now to finally break free.” He leans forward, reaches up a hand to gently play with a few strands of her hair. “It’s not me you’re really afraid of anymore, is it? It’s yourself. Self, Stiles. My favourite kanji. The only one you can always rely on, no matter what.” His smirk twists into a sinister, but still highly gleeful grin when her gaze falters ever so slightly. “I don’t want you because you’re a spark, Stiles, I want you because you are Thee Spark. The True Alpha equivalent of your kind... One spark that shines far brighter than the rest... The one spark that ignites them all... And you know me, my dear...”

Stiles’ heart thuds hard, and not because he leans in to place a soft kiss to her cheek, but because of his words. She’s a fucking monster magnet, which isn’t much better than being a monster to her.

Void Stiles pulls back just so that they’re staring right into one another’s eyes. “I’m still so very hungry. Still so... insatiable. He grins, tells her, “With you, Stiles, I can set the entire universe on fire. Oh, it will be SO beautiful. I can’t wait to finally be with you, for good, this time.”