A Little Too Close

“This whole... waiting for the third... Presenting Moon thing... is really starting... to bum me out.” Stiles mutters against his lips in between kisses.

“I never... said anything... about waiting... for two months...” Derek mumbles back, presses a smirk to her lips and lets out a disappointed groan when she pulls her mouth from his. Though, all is quickly forgiven when he sees her pretty flushed cheeks, her kiss swollen lips and the small slither of amber rings around those pupils blown wide.

“You...” Stiles quickly goes from wide eyed shock to a pouting scowl. “I don’t know how to answer that... at least, not without sounding like a total horn dog.”

Derek fights back a chuckle, hums with a grin instead before pressing his lips back to hers. She kisses him back a couple of times before pulling away again, and again, Derek lets out a little protesting groan.

Stiles grins back down at him, like a fucking fool, she probably looks like the Joker, but she doesn’t care, because – “You love me.”

Derek waits for more, but ends up chuckling finally when he realises she’s just preening on her outside as much as his wolf is on his inside right now. She shuffles further onto his lap, and his eyes flutter as he feels her fingers loosely fiddle with the hair at the back of his neck as he mumbles out, “I do.”

“Mmhm.” Stiles hums, grin widening as she teasingly chirps, “And out of the entire pack, would you say you love me the most? I know you and Red are pretty close.” She narrows her eyes in a playful scold as she mutters, “A little too close.”

Derek rolls his eyes, smirk tugging at his lips. “There’s no competition, so, of course you’re my favourite, so, yes, I love you the most.”

“That is the correct answer.” Stiles smiles triumphantly.

Derek chuckles, but is quite serious when he adds, “And Lydia scares the shit out of me. So, what you interpret as us being close is actually me taking orders from a corpse detector.”

Stiles laughs, but still manages to warn him, “Yeah, I wouldn’t call her that to her face... not unless you die.” She pouts, presses a kiss to his lips when he only chuckles again. She pointedly adds, “I’ve already watched you die once, and that’s already one too many times for me.”

Derek almost teases her, is about to open his mouth to do so, until he sees the rather sad look in those pretty (more amber now, less pupil) eyes. He sighs, slides his hands up to her waist. His eyes are on hers as he tells her, “At least I came back...” He lifts both hands to her cheeks then when she scowls. “Ethan was the first one to come to me to tell me that he knew you were possessed by the nogitsune, and you know what I did? I fucking laughed at him. I told him he was crazy... because I didn’t wanna believe him. So I just... I laughed it off... and then, I had to watch everything the nogitsune did to you and made you do.”

“Hm. Little full of himself, isn’t he?”

What?” Derek stares at her with wide eyes and a rather stung look.

Stiles blinks, then, curses. “Damn it. You heard him, too?”

Derek shoots her a look of confusion, warily tells her, “Stiles... I... It wasn’t him who said it...”

Stiles takes a few little breaths to calm herself, even calmly asks, “What?”

“You wouldn’t give me a body. So now, I’m taking yours again...”

“N-no...” Stiles’ eyes widen in terror. She hauls herself up from Derek’s lap, feels her heart slowly racing faster and faster. “Is that why you wanted me to do the spell? Huh? OK! I-I'll do it – just please –“